“Excellent food - possibly not recommended for vegans”
Review of Fusion Restaurant

Fusion Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 357 Restaurants in Durham
Description: Asian-Inspired Food in County Durham The Fusion restaurant at the Spa at Ramside Hall Hotel offers a extensive selection of Asian-inspired food throughout the day. Our unique take on Pan Asian food results in an imaginative and delicious range of dishes, which truly are a feast for all the senses. Perfectly blending classic Eastern flavours and textures to produce light, fresh, delicious, nutritional and healthy breakfasts, delicious brunches and lunches, afternoon teas with a twist and dinner - plus a wide selection of Asian bar tapas and hot and cold sandwiches. Freshly squeezed juices and fresh smoothies are also available. Using traditional recipes from South East Asia and coupling them with locally sourced produce results in dishes that are innovative and fresh, all served within a relaxed casual dining environment.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The food, and service here is exemplary, and the price is reasonable too. The only issue I found, despite a few enjoyable visits, was that a vegan in our party was not offered the same dishes on different occasions. I accept that the recipe may have changed, or different chefs may have been able to give more options (I hope this was the case), but still it caused some discomfort to him that he may have been served a non-vegan option.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We sat for 10 minuted in the bar area waiting for someone to serve us, eventually we went to the bar to be told we had to order at the bar, no signage saying or no response from a staff member wondering why we where sitting at a table, was worth the wait food amazing

Date of visit: March 2018
Tim B, Manager at Fusion Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Dobson1957,

Firstly i would like to thank you for your review. Obviously their was a couple of minor service issues which we will take on board and address with our f&b team. It pleases me that you enjoyed your food and with that we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Regards

Food & Beverage Manager.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Service was great, and the food was nice. I did feel that the older male waiter spoke to his staff as if they were insects on the floor. When really he should be concentrating on why a guests seat was wet, which I noticed mine was when I left.

All in all an ok experience, However I asked if I could change the lamb in the massaman curry to tofu as I am vegetarian. It was nice, however definitely not worth £19 (which I was charged, when I didn’t have lamb and there was a tofu red curry for £9!).

I’ll be sticking to zen in Durham.

Date of visit: March 2018
Tim B, Manager at Fusion Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear thomasxo,

First of all i would like to thank you your review. I can guarantee that all feedback provided is taken on board and will be addressed by myself with the Fusion team as to why you have been charged this.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards

Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

This is the third time I’ve given this restaurant the benefit of the doubt.
Disappointed to be seated in the bar next to swearing, loud, drunk hotel guests (instead of the restaurant) when we booked the restaurant a week in advance. Despite asking we were told that the restaurant was full, again, despite having a reservation.
I ordered tofu curry and got a curry full of veg and chicken. I didn’t recognise it wasn’t tofu and ate half of it before the kind waiter noticed and told me after I had finished. I stopped eating, wasn’t offered an alternative, and the waiter left. I’m a vegetarian so I felt awful having eaten half a chicken. It was removed from my bill but it was still a big shock to have this happen and too late to help given I had eaten so much chicken and not offered an alternative. This is the third poor meal here. The drunken otter guests didn’t help either. Their drunken language was awful.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

7 of us booked in for Sunday Brunch and were impressed with the relaxed and comfortable surroundings. Our orders were promptly taken and drinks arrived. Unfortunately the food didn't. After some time we made the manager aware and she immediately started to correct matters. Without promoting she also called the senior manager who came over to apologise. He was very open and acknowledged the inconvenience This was textbook "putting the customer's complaint first" and making our experience the primary concern. Food arrived ( very good portions and quality) and a disaster was turned into a happy morning for all. We will definitely be back, both collectively and on our individual travels.

Dear Andrew D,

First of all i would like to thank you your review. It pleases me to read that after your not so good start to the brunch our team did manage to turn it round for you. I will pass on all feedback to our Fusion service team to make sure this does not happen again.

Best Regards