“New Menu”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I ventured back to my favourite restaurant! I haven’t been for a while and the new menu that they have is delicious! I went for a lamb shank with a side of cauliflower cheese! Phenomenal! Service was very attentive by the blonde waitress Emma. Made me feel very comfortable asking how my day was and giving me the great recommendation of the cauliflower cheese! Always a great drinks selection and there always seems to be new cocktails popping up on there menu!

2  Thank christinelang73
BillsRestaurant, Brad at Bill's Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Hi Christinelang73
Thanks for your great review. Glad that you like the current dishes! We are due for another seasonal change soon, so watch this space!! Emma will be happy to read you comments, and we all look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks Brad

Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Very impressed!
Good varied menu and a warm friendly welcome from the staff make Bill's a good family dining choice in Durham.
Mezze platter and Bills bread to start, chicken,burger's,skewers all selected for mains, donuts and chocolate melting pudding for dessert, good cold beer and wine, great service,all in all, highly recommended!! 5*!

1  Thank Si D
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Called in on Easter Sunday as Bills was the only place open in Durham. What a fantastic place! Decor is super cool with bottles of wine covering a whole wall, huge lamp shades hanging in the booths and a small shop area at the front selling Bills own branded produce.

We ordered a full breakfast, granola with fruit and a child's portion of buttermilk pancakes with fruit. A cappuccino, latte and orange juice. All were superb with clear plates at the end.

Staff were lovely coming over chatting as we were the only ones in at the time.

The bill came to £27 which I though for a city centre on the main street leading up to the castle/cathedral was pretty reasonable. Just wished we were in Durham a little longer so we could have tried the lunch/dinner menu.

2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Hate to post a bad review, as I've heard such good things.
I't just felt like the staff were pushed to say certain things, such as how's your day been and what are you up to for the rest of the day, it just come across as unnatural. Then there was zero discusion around the food, to the point I paid 4 pound for water and also got table water for free, i ended up with two glasses, and felt a bit daft. Got the Gnocci Bolognese and the partner got a chicken burger.
The chips were similar to KFC, and my Gnocci was really oily, i will try again, but maybe leave it a bit, surely i just caught them on a bad day.
The one thing that finished the visit and left an even worst taste in my mouth that the excess oil was the optional tip that was applied automatically despite what i perceived as quite poor service, i was not give an option to not pay.

1  Thank Craig T
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Found Bills while walking up to the castle yesterday was immediately impressed by the warm welcome and the ambience. It was comfortable shabby sheik. we had most enjoyable breakfast of toast and latte the service was very quick and friendly. Lunchtime we decided to see if a table would be available we were greeted very warmly. my husband had the mushroom soup my Mam and me had the fishfinger sandwich. THey were beautifully presented and arrived promptly we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Bills the staff were most friendly and attentive win,d definitely recommend

Date of visit: March 2018