Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$274
US$261
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$140
US$257
US$176
  • Pool
Bowness Bay Suites(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$175
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$248
US$186
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

Blenheim Lodge(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$152
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$297
Orbitz.com
Aphrodites Boutique Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Free cancellation until 07/21
US$438
All reviewsoak bankcar parkparking is tighton arrivalguest houseshower curtainmy partnernearby hotelbreakfast roomsuperior roomgreat central locationleisure facilitieslake viewreceived a warm welcomelake districttea and coffeethe ground floor
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We have just returned home from a 2 night stay in Oakbank house. We had a lovely time, breakfast was gorgeous, room was clean (room 9) and had an amazing view of the lake. Will definitely return in the near future x

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
OakbankHouse, Owner at Oakbank House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here.
We look forward to welcoming you again if you are in the Lakes.

Danny
Oakbank House

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The staff were very welcoming and friendly, nothing was to much bother! The room was clean and modern and the view from the room was amazing! The spa facilities were a short walk away but they were also superb really modern and clean.
Breakfast had a wide range of foods to order and were also delicious!
Was an amazing stay and would recommend this Hotel to any couples wanting to escape for a little while.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PollySimcock09
OakbankHouse, Owner at Oakbank House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I was booked into the Hydro hotel which next door to the Oakbank. However, I had to check out because I had allergic reaction to pets and they had placed me into a room which they said had no pets which was a lie.

I checked into the Oakbank House and I had no regrets. I didn’t have any allergic reaction as they don’t allow pets inside there hotel. They have a brilliant view of the town below and I slept very comfortable and Dan who welcomed me at check in was brilliant and very accommodating.

This hotel is better than the the Hydro hotel by far.

Stayed: January 2018

Thank you for staying with us and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here.
I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Room 14 outside the main building with separate door from the carpark having a net curtain and heavier curtain for privacy over the entrance was odd. Large room sparsely furnished with basic furniture, basic tea and coffee. There was one small chair and a stool - nowhere to put your bags. Harsh ceiling lighting - no lamps or anything. The bathroom was recently refurbished but appears poor quality and design with no shower screen only a curtain and wobbly shower fitment. This led to pools of water forming on the floor even though we were careful. It was so cold in there, we even left a bottle of water on the window ledge to keep cool!! The TV was difficult to watch as it kept losing signal and didn’t even have the full Freeview listings.
The room was clean and in good condition. It was great to have parking spaces in a central location.
At breakfast the fruit and yoghurt selection comprised of tinned grapefruit, tinned prunes and small pots of yogurt which was quite disappointing however the House Grill breakfast was lovely and they had gluten free bread.

Last year we paid the same price (£100) at the same time of year for a much more luxurious room in the same location.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
OakbankHouse, Owner at Oakbank House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for staying with us again and may I apologise for the disappointing experience you had.
I feel I must contest a couple of points that you have raised because they may mislead others reading your review.
Your room had an armchair and dressing table stool. I do not think the room is large enough to have three seats but if you had raised this with us whilst staying we would have gladly provided you with another chair.
There is a luggage rack in all our rooms. You must have overlooked it or not opened the wardrobe.
We are a rural area and our Freeview listings are limited to about a dozen channels. Sorry but I cannot offer more.
In the bathroom there is both a shower screen and curtain.
You are correct that we offer tinned prunes and individual yoghurt pots. I have no idea how we could offer any other type of prunes and I prefer to offer individual yoghurt pots because I do not like the idea of everybody dipping in and out of large dishes of yoghurt. On the plus side you are not restricted to one pot.
I am pleased that you were impressed with our cleanliness, free parking, cooked breakfast and attention paid to your dietary needs.
I hope you visit again and we will try to improve on our offering.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The manager was very friendly and welcoming. Our room had an amazing view over the lake and one morning we woke to beautiful snow. The breakfast was a little menu you could order off (bacon and waffles was so good). The buffet selection was just a few cereals and yogurts, but that’s fine we just ordered off the menu.

The location was so easy to walk into the town and to the spa. The spa was perfect after a days walking would recommend showering there!

The manager was very helpful especially when everyone got a little stuck in the snow, he made sure we all got our cars out safely.

Stayed: January 2018
OakbankHouse, Owner at Oakbank House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us and i am glad you enjoyed your stay.
i hope you will stay with us again when you next visit the Lakes