“A must at the lakes!! Can’t wait to do it again! ”
Review of Sail 'n' Dine

Sail 'n' Dine
More attraction details
Owner description: May 2018 marks 32 years of trading, my 11th season and 6th consecutive Certificate of excellence award! I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 lunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening. You must have guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper!
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The whole experience was sensational!John is a lovely bloke and a great host. He is very welcoming relaxed, he just goes with the flow, nothings a bother to him.

The food which he cooks is amazing, the mash is the best I’ve ever tasted! He says it’s an old family recipe. The garlic mushrooms in the cream sauce for starters was delicious. The chicken for main was cooked perfectly, the apple crumble was a personal highlight.

I was very nervous going on the boat but he made me feel calm and put my mind at ease. He joked quite a lot which helped.

Would highly recommend this experience worth every penny would happily do it again, see you next time John and thank you.

Michael.

in 8 reviews
"local area"
"an unforgettable experience"

Reviewed 26 July 2018

My husband and I were collected from The Lakeland Village and taken to Johns yacht to join two other couples. It was a beautiful sunny evening, and we were soon all having a laugh and getting to know each other. Johns knowledge of the Lake and surrounding houses is superb, and very interesting. Our meal was as usual wonderful, and well presented, he is a charming host, and knows how to make people feel relaxed. We have spent quite a few evenings enjoying our Sail 'n' Dine experience, but each one is different because of the characters you meet. If you are visiting the Lake District, this is an ideal way to spend a memorable evening. Thanks again John, see you soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Came with friends after going on Google for things to do in Windermere.
Had an amazing time. John is a fantastic host with great knowledge of Windermere and the properties surrounding it.
The lunch time food was beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed steering.
Will definitely be coming back for the evening one with the hubbies.
Thank you John.

Sally

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Wonderful day on windermere. The food was excellent and John was a brilliant host so well organised.
We did the lunch time trip but we will be back for an evening sail thank you very muh