“Mid -day snack”

The Lookout Cafe
Ranked #30 of 297 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: While serving up cakes coffee and Dorset tea most of the time, the Lookout Cafe also serves tasty local fish and chips, fresh crab sandwiches, and salads of all types. Well worth eating there just for the view over Weymouth and Portland.
Reviewed March 13, 2018

We stopped in here for a mid-day snack and only wanted a sandwich.
Having already had sausages and bacon for breakfast wanted something different.
Unfortunately only sausage and bacon sandwiches are served at The Lookout ( unless you want a crab sandwich with salad at £7.95.)
My wife had a coffee and I ordered a Hot chocolate......all I can say is if I served the Hot chocolate up to my wife like that I would get a rollicking !! It was soooo insipid and tasted more like hot water. Needless to say I didn't drink it.
Not a happy experience and so we journeyed down to Weymouth town to another cafe where we could get what we wanted. I asked if they could serve a cheese sandwich and was told no they couldn't.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Visited one Friday early afternoon, very busy but managed to get a table. The Dorset Apple Cake with ice cream was a delicious according to my husband. The meals that other diners looked huge, especially the crab sandwich. Would return and recommend.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

Whenever we travel down to Weymouth we call into the Look Out. Staff are great friendly and the breakfast is lovely. The views out over the bay is beautiful. Plenty of free parking on the road bonus.
They have just redecorated and looks great. A must to visit.

Reviewed January 12, 2018

Very friendly staff serving great basic fare. Beautiful views across Weymouth bay to Portland and to the Weymouth sea front and harbour. Fresh soup changed daily.
Can get crowded during peak periods all year round. A regular stop over for us.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

There was free parking on the road, which is most unusual for Weymouth.

We had a lovely cream tea (with very large scones) and enjoyed the fantastic sea views.

The service was very friendly.