Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jackssouthampton
Southampton, United Kingdom

Old and smelly caravan.

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 15, 2024via mobile
Easy check in but on entering the caravan the smell was horrendous! ( booked Bronze which I thought would be okay)
The furniture was all stained and the caravan was pretty grubby and old.
I have been holidaying with Haven for approximately 35 years and I’m feeling let down today. I usually book the 4 bedroom apartment when coming with family which is pretty grubby too. (Booked apartment for 20th May so hoping for improvement!)
Outside the caravan someone had got stuck in the mud/grass and it has been left in a right mess.
I have been to the shop and purchased cleaning supplies and air freshener but it hasn’t made any difference to the smell!!!
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Be careful what you book!
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
₱6,203
    ₱4,528
4.6 km from Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven
    ₱10,701
Beachfront
Contact accommodation for availability.
3.6 km from Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven
    ₱4,963
4.5 km from Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Weymouth
1,745 results
All reviews weymouth bay live lounge west lawn church bells holiday park cafe bar swimming pool bowleaze cove fun stars evening entertainment seaside squad entertainment complex papa johns lovely caravan amusement arcade crazy golf bed caravan
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2024 via mobile

I don’t usually write reviews but after reading reviews before I went I was worried about the possible state of caravan. I need not have worried.

We had a great stay over the Easter holidays, it was just myself and my son.

We booked a 2-bed Silver caravan and it did not disappoint. It was lovely, even had a dishwasher and washing machine and was very clean. It was in a lovely cul-de-sac (11 The Leas). Couldn’t fault it.

We enjoyed swimming, (I did pre-book the swimming well in advance after reading they fill up quickly and it was a good job I did as all slots booked when arrived). It’s not an issue pre-booking because you can easily cancel if you change your mind. And yes the water is a bit cool but hardly a big issue.

The staff are really friendly and helpful, couldn’t fault them at all.

We enjoyed the hire karts and the aerial adventure.

The entertainment we never found an issue as we went much later as my son is 12 and we would arrive after 8.30pm.

We didn’t eat on site so can’t comment on the food. but the Mash & Barrell does look tired and in need of a facelift.

Weymouth is lovely and we enjoyed crab fishing by the quayside.

We would definitely return.

1  Thank Louise B
Reviewed April 14, 2024

Positives
Good activities - my 2 and 5 year old daughters loved the cart round the park and we were impressed by the mini aerial adventure type thing!

The silver caravan we had (4 Cheltenham) was very clean and tidy! It was also well equipped with cutlery, pots, pans etc
Also had comfy beds, good shower pressure - so big thumbs up for the caravan. A little walk from the arcades and entertainment but that meant it was nice and quiet.

The Mash and Barrel was okay - similar standard of food to Hungry Horse.
Papa John’s was overpriced and had things missing when we ordered so we were saying we probably should’ve just found a takeaway that would deliver to the park.

The evening we arrived at the park I got an asda delivery slot for 8am the following morning which was perfect for getting the essentials we needed. The shopping gets bought to the door of the caravan.

Negatives
Ultimately the park has too many caravans / people for the facilities. People aren’t joking when they say you need to get there at 3-4 if you want a table for the evening entertainment. We arrived at 5pm one evening and didn’t stand a chance of getting one. The live lounge is full by this time.
The pool is pretty dull - no slides or anything which came as a surprise after seeing exciting pictures on the website.

Entertainment for kids is odd. We did the make a bear party which was massively rushed! Lots of ‘go to your table to design the tshirt’ and then after 2 mins ‘being the teddy back to the dance floor’. We also did the potions workshop which was free but dragged. It’s ashame as the person running it was great. I think the issue is he has an hour slot to fill and ultimately 3 liquids which are going to bubble in a plastic cauldron… nothing more to it.

I can’t emphasize enough the staff running the entertainment and activities are superb. What they have to work with, not so much…

Tips
Go off site! The arcade in Weymouth is cheaper and has rides which are £1 each. The fort is also worth a visit if you’re into that sort of thing. Our young daughters really enjoyed it.

It’s worth noting that we were only once asked for our play passes and we didn’t have them and still got into the pool. I think if I’d paid for these separately I’d be pretty annoyed!

Overall a good stay - we’d return to Haven simply to use as a base for things outside the park.

Reviewed April 13, 2024

Abysmal!!
Booked a silver caravan, on opening the door the smell was awful, what I can only describe as something had died. The carpets where soaking wet and making our socks a yellow brown, the sides filled with crumbs and grime, previous guests birthday banners not removed properly, previous guests belongings in cupboards, sticky coffee granules on floors, crumbs everywhere. I started cleaning as I am not one to complain but it just became worse and worse. I went to reception to see if I could upgrade, I was up graded for free to a gold after being told I had booked a bronze however, I booked and paid for a silver.
Waited for the gold to be cleaned and went in, the caravan it's self was beautiful but unfortunately a weird smell, and again not clean. A film of some sort on both showers, previous guests medication, crumbs, every door handle sticky, finger prints all over patio windows, chips and biscuits on sofa, crusty food stains on dining room furniture, food still in saucepans, cutlery with food on. I didn't complain and just started cleaning as I was grateful for the upgrade but not how I envisioned starting our holiday. Managed to get a few pictures of both caravans however I cracked ok with cleaning before snapping all the issues.
Our group was a total of 23, 10 being adults and everyone had a issue with the cleanliness of the caravans.
Entertainment is great for under 6 years however, nothing for anyone over that age. If you wanted to go to the live lounge the queues started from 3:30-4:00pm, so forced to either have a very early dinner or purchase the overpriced pizza. If you're entire party wasn't present in the queue and got stamped on entering they would have to queue for a Minimum of 45mins to get in, stretching all the way back to the mash and barrell. Unfortunately the rest of our party couldn't come in for 2hrs. It's a one in one out as the space is inadequate for the amount of guests with passes on the park who wants to use the facility. If you was lucky enough to get in, drinks orders to your table took minimum of 30mins, the queue for the bar was 20 mins long and the glass washer kept breaking, so bring your glass to the bar after using it. If you wanted to play bingo the queue stretched the length of the club house and started before the kids entertainment. Tables often sticky so bring antibacterial wipes. Lots of guests talking about all these issues and how disappointing everything was.
The paid for activitys often broken equipment and unsafe for use.
Our party books with haven every year and have never had any of these issues however, this park I would not recommend to anyone, save your money and go elsewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2024

Don't do it, if you buy a pass its useable as everything is booked up weeks in advance..so no swimming or activities on site and if you manage to get into the club even though you have passed. Security say full..
I went there as a carer with two kids and thouruly dissapointed..the site is lovely but can't use any of it.
And lastly to top it off on arrival book in was 4pm which is a bit late but found it wasn't ready so had to complain in a very long queue..and told it would be 6pm....didn't even clean the balcony ,very dirty so had to moan...the only site worth visiting is perran sands.

Room tip: Don't go! Don't waste money on passes. Don't expect it to be ready on time Go to perran sands instead...atleast it's by the sea
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 596daced
Reviewed April 9, 2024 via mobile

We have just returned from Weymouth Bay having arrived on the Easter Monday. We had arrived 2 hours earlier than our allocated time slot but this gave opportunity for some lunch at the Mash & Barrel.

The Mash & Barrel is in the main complex and looks very dated and run down it could definitely do with modernising, the food wasn’t the best I ordered a chicken wrap with side salad and chips. The chicken was over done and the side salad only consisted of brown lettuce.

On to the accommodation. This has to have been the nicest static we have ever stayed in although it was quite far from the main complex but near to the activity hub. We went for a silver and it came with dishwasher and washer dryer, the master bedroom was massive and had en-suite.

After you book the holiday it does give the opportunity to pay extra to get accommodation closer to the complex between £60 - £120 , this I feel is just another way to rip customers off

The evening entertainment was a let down in all honesty. If you didn’t get through the door of the showbar by 4:30 you would struggle to get seated as it was very busy and people would huddle 10 tables together and reserve them for their friends. If you arrived late you would be in a long queues. The showbar just isn’t big enough to manage the amount of guests Haven as during peak season

The activity hub serves both Sea View and Weymouth Bay so getting booked on activities was very difficult. There just wasn’t enough slots put on even though we tried to book weeks in advance with the haven app.

Overall I wouldn’t return to Weymouth Bay given the distance that we travelled and we have stayed at nicer Havens closer. I’d struggle to recommend it as a place to stay it you have young kids.