“Great lunch, sitting out in the sun with a fabulous view”

The Boat Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Aboyne
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2015

My husband and I are just back from a drive out to Aboyne and lunch at The Boat Inn. We chose from the two course lunch menu £9.50. We have great choice the quality and presentation of the foot was excellent. Staff with a smile and could not do enough to ensure we had an enjoyable lunch, which we really did. We will be back again very soon. Worth the drive out from Aberdeen. We may even stay over the next time as they now have rooms upstairs!!

Reviewed 26 September 2015

OK pub, nice staff. Aboyne is a very quiet city. Good place to have a drink with friends or family.,

Reviewed 24 September 2015

Saw reviews of this venue on Tripadvisor and thought we ought to give it a try. How glad we are that we did!! We were staying down the road at another hotel and decided to try The Boat Inn. My comments to the staff included the statement "this was one of the best plates of food I've ever had" and I meant it (pork three ways). Nice surroundings, good ambiance and great food. Only slight criticism.....delay in between eating and getting the bill but I think a shift change was the problem. I must recommend this place, it deserves everyone's attention.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

Nice cosy pub with an area for dogs at the back of the place which was fine and was able to have a meal there. I also was able to order a smaller portion from the main menu as I do not have a large appetite and even struggled to finish the smaller portion.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

After a short walk down the river we stopped in for a steak and ale pie and it was really yummy! The service was great and I will be back!

1  Thank kirstywright95