Appleby Manor Hotel & Garden Spa
US$219
US$195
US$145
1,729 results
All reviewscoach housea garden view roommain restauranton arrivalheelis suitesalt roomlovely hotelcourse mealjacuzzi batheden valleydeluxe roomthe main housedining roomstwo night staygroupon dealleisure facilitiesvenison
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Many of the bedrooms desperately need updating. You can feel the springs through the mattress, pillows uncomfortable.
Furnishings throughout are sadly truly abysmal, outdated, hotel has the general air of a retirement home.
Having to pay £25.00 pp extra as well for use of the basic spa facilities eg, pool, sauna etc was a first for us.
Breakfast was a miserable affair, tinned grapefruit, tinned apricots etc not appealing. Cooked breakfast really small portions.
Overall I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We dined as a family Easter Sunday evening. The food was amazing, I had the venison for main course, which was delicious The service was perfect,the staff were very friendly and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. The chef clearly is excellent and creative. My only comment would be some areas of the hotel needed some attention, but I can see they have invested recently and it's a very small comment.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Thanks so much to all the staff here. Claire on the desk was very lovely at checking us in and out and showing us around upon our arrival. Iain & Jonathan were also fantastic at every encounter, whether we were requesting room service, booking our dinner order or just chatting when we crossed paths. Daisy at the spa was wonderful. My wife and I had a wonderful weekend of pure relaxation, with a perfect room (and jacuzzi bath), amazing massage treatments and use of the spa, topped off with mouth watering food, cooked to perfection. The potato dauphinoise was life changing.
Thanks Appleby Manor and all the staff for a truly wonderful and fault free Easter weekend. We will be back. Especially for such fantastic value.

The Currans

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We bought a two night stay deal then upgraded to a garden room, the room was well furnished with a huge double bed, patio doors opening onto the garden with table and chairs outside. Disappointingly the double glazed windows had blown and moisture trapped in them spoilt you view a bit. Everything else about the room and bathroom was very good.
The hotel we described as quirky with beautiful seating lounge furniture that had to be used. Plenty of information on the area and the hotel had a spa that we didn't use, but looked very good, the hotel even had a pool room. We enjoyed this hotel with a very good number of friendly and well trained staff.

Room Tip: we enjoyed the upgrade to the garden room
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited for a night with my wife and 8 month old daughter. I regularly stay in hotels for business and I can honestly say that the welcome we received from Carole was by far best I’ve ever received upon arriving at a hotel. She took us on a very brief tour of the hotel, pointing out the facilities, on our way to our room. She told us some interesting facts about the area and was utterly charming.

We dined late (food was great) and then I popped out to the car to bring in our luggage. As I came back in, Carole was leaving having finished her shift but still offered to help with my bags.

The facilities, locations and rooms are great but the staff are the real stars of the show.

A great hotel.