“You can't beat the Pipe & Glass for quality, service and value”
Review of Pipe and Glass

Pipe and Glass
Ranked #7 of 176 Restaurants in Beverley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The Pipe & Glass never fails to impress. The accommodation is top notch and we love the attention to detail. I must come here in the summer one day and enjoy sitting on a terrace before dinner.

The restaurant always delivers a great plate. This time I particularly enjoyed my mackerel starter which included a wonderful array of flavours and textures. Fine dining here is available at a modest cost compared to some restaurants

The policy on wine is to be praised. There are 20 or so wines by the glass, notably priced so that you are not penalised for buying by the glass rather than the bottle. We enjoyed the French Viognier and New Zealand Pinot Noir choices.

Service is perfect and everyone has a little time to chat if you engage anyone in conversation.

Breakfast can be taken in your room or in the bar. The choice is excellent.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank hpbeebie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,867)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Went for a birthday treat and wasn't disappointed Great food , great service would definitely recommend to others

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We visited the Pipe and Glass for dinner and also stayed over. It had come highly recommended by friends, who had kindly bought us a gift voucher.

Our accommodation in the Rosemary room was delightfully finished and very relaxing, overlooking the herb garden. The bathroom was particularly nice; perfect for enjoying a glass of the beautiful house white wine, whilst soaking bath before dinner! In the summer, I would imagine the terrace would be the place to be.

The menu was so good that we could have had it all! Dinner turned out to be a feast for the eyes, as well as the palate and surpassed our high expectations of this gem of a place.

Service was spot on and the dining room and bar had a great atmosphere.

Highly recommended !

3  Thank SW8JMW
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

In our Michelin star restaurant experience this is another one ticked and we'll be back.
It's is nice to be able to come and dine without having to make a reservation. Eat quality food in the bar.
The roast deer was lovely and we will be coming back.
Worth the 1. 5hr drive

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

What a super place, out of the way but so worth a visit. As a solo traveller I was so pleased to get a reduced room rate and wasn't hidden away in the dining room because I was on my own! The rooms are outside the pub and mine - Sage - was gorgeous; truly sumptuous. Dinner was an experience with 5 star food in a busy, informal yet professional restaurant. I can't rate it highly enough. I stayed 1 night and it was £165 B&B. I ate 3 courses off the a la carte menu including a cocktail, a large glass of wine and a dessert wine and it came to £85.