Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews golden oak hot tub hideaway cabin entertainment package hired bikes road leading great holiday tv package master bedroom relaxing break washing up liquid beautiful scenery ben ledi main bedroom self catering welcome pack lovely location
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2023

Visited in early August with family. Stayed in a dog friendly cabin. The overall cleanliness was okay. However the barbecue provided was filthy from the previous occupants and there was lots of dog mess left outside.
We’ve visited forest holidays before so knew what we needed to take in terms of cleaning supplies etc.
As others have said the location is very remote and peaceful. This may not suit everyone, especially families with young children.
Our cabin was very overlooked as it was on the road side. Not much privacy when using the hot tub!!
Was very annoyed having been home for over a week and receiving a letter from Forest Holidays stating that we had damaged a picnic table and they wanted us to pay £50 towards a new one. We had used a disposable barbecue on said table on a stand on our last evening due to the one provided being in such a state. The letter accused us of causing the damage and gave us less than 4 working days to pay or else the debt would be passed to a debt collection agency.
Very poor experience when I contacted the site to discuss this further. I had to chase this up numerous times.
I didn’t pay the charge in the end but it’s left a bitter taste. Wouldn’t visit Forest Holidays again based on this experience.
I would advise others to photograph anything that doesn’t look quite right on check in, just in case this is a regular tactic of theirs to make even more money.

Reviewed September 25, 2023

Stayed Mon-Friday.
Loved the lodge and the setting. We were not lucky with the weather though. It rained every day and was very stormy overnight. The metal roof on the lodge made the rain and wind very noisy and therefore difficult to sleep. If I return to Strathyre I would go for one of the lodges with a slate roof.
We were able to walk and cycle despite the rain and the areas around the Forest park are beautiful.
The only negative was a broken toilet roll holder and a fridge door that didn't fit properly but otherwise the lodge was clean and very spacious.
We paid extra for the advanced wifi and did think it was worth the money.
We took our own food but did visit the cafe for coffee once.
Overall a very enjoyable holiday.

Room tip: We stayed in Lodge 22 and found it very private
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2023

Visited this place straight after my wedding before I went off on my honeymoon. I can say I truly loved Scotland, it is an amazing country with lovely friendly people. My experience at the lodges was amazing. Every night the hot tubs was ready for you to indulge in and have a relaxing night.

Room tip: I would recommend to have your firefighters for the fire as the ones provided was not great.
Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2023 via mobile

After having a wonderful holiday at the Sherwood site some years ago, we were massively disappointed with the standard at this site.
The cabin was dated, dirty and had holes in the wall. It was overlooking the car park and the forest retreat, we also had groups of forest tours around our cabin! There was no privacy and it was like staying on a caravan site (not what you’d expect with the price). We asked to change cabins as we were unhappy with its location and we’re told they were fully booked so nothing could be done. We followed the complaints procedure as stated in their terms and conditions and it took me weeks to get even a 20% refund, I actually refused this amount and they sent it over anyway! And now they are not replying to my emails so I’m assuming they see this issue as resolved. Their answer to my complaint was that you can pay extra to choose a cabin, I replied why would I do that when on your website it states that “all cabins are positioned for privacy”. When I pointing out the misleading wording on their website they simply removed it and never addressed it within my complaint. Im in the process of reporting the business to trading standards due to false advertisement.
I will never use Forest Holidays again and strongly advise people not to book here. Even if you book a different site, any issues will be overlooked and ignored.

Room tip: Do not spend your money here. Better places to go for the same price or less.
2  Thank jodies311
Reviewed September 13, 2023

We were really looking forward to this holiday. When we arrived we were disgusted by the cleanliness. Showers were mouldy, the kids beds had stains and black speckles on them. The fridge did not work. And the cabin was dated, dirty and had broken tiles and chipped paint. I was advised there was a quick turn around on the cabins hence why they were not spotless! The money you pay for these cabins you expect at least basic hygiene and a working fridge. We left without even staying one night as couldn’t let my kids shower or sleep in those beds!