Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews golden oak hot tub hideaway cabin entertainment package hired bikes road leading great holiday tv package master bedroom relaxing break washing up liquid beautiful scenery ben ledi main bedroom self catering welcome pack lovely location
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2023

Stayed Mon-Friday.
Loved the lodge and the setting. We were not lucky with the weather though. It rained every day and was very stormy overnight. The metal roof on the lodge made the rain and wind very noisy and therefore difficult to sleep. If I return to Strathyre I would go for one of the lodges with a slate roof.
We were able to walk and cycle despite the rain and the areas around the Forest park are beautiful.
The only negative was a broken toilet roll holder and a fridge door that didn't fit properly but otherwise the lodge was clean and very spacious.
We paid extra for the advanced wifi and did think it was worth the money.
We took our own food but did visit the cafe for coffee once.
Overall a very enjoyable holiday.

Room tip: We stayed in Lodge 22 and found it very private
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2023

Visited this place straight after my wedding before I went off on my honeymoon. I can say I truly loved Scotland, it is an amazing country with lovely friendly people. My experience at the lodges was amazing. Every night the hot tubs was ready for you to indulge in and have a relaxing night.

Room tip: I would recommend to have your firefighters for the fire as the ones provided was not great.
Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2023 via mobile

After having a wonderful holiday at the Sherwood site some years ago, we were massively disappointed with the standard at this site.
The cabin was dated, dirty and had holes in the wall. It was overlooking the car park and the forest retreat, we also had groups of forest tours around our cabin! There was no privacy and it was like staying on a caravan site (not what you’d expect with the price). We asked to change cabins as we were unhappy with its location and we’re told they were fully booked so nothing could be done. We followed the complaints procedure as stated in their terms and conditions and it took me weeks to get even a 20% refund, I actually refused this amount and they sent it over anyway! And now they are not replying to my emails so I’m assuming they see this issue as resolved. Their answer to my complaint was that you can pay extra to choose a cabin, I replied why would I do that when on your website it states that “all cabins are positioned for privacy”. When I pointing out the misleading wording on their website they simply removed it and never addressed it within my complaint. Im in the process of reporting the business to trading standards due to false advertisement.
I will never use Forest Holidays again and strongly advise people not to book here. Even if you book a different site, any issues will be overlooked and ignored.

Room tip: Do not spend your money here. Better places to go for the same price or less.
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank jodies311
Reviewed September 13, 2023

We were really looking forward to this holiday. When we arrived we were disgusted by the cleanliness. Showers were mouldy, the kids beds had stains and black speckles on them. The fridge did not work. And the cabin was dated, dirty and had broken tiles and chipped paint. I was advised there was a quick turn around on the cabins hence why they were not spotless! The money you pay for these cabins you expect at least basic hygiene and a working fridge. We left without even staying one night as couldn’t let my kids shower or sleep in those beds!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2023

Visited with 2 teenagers. Beautiful peaceful location and polite helpful staff. Lovely walks and traffic free cycle rides from the park. The loch was beautiful, clear and calm and we swam and kayaked in it. We were satisfied with our lodge - a 3 bedroom dog friendly one (cabin 1) with a hot tub which was not overlooked (not sure how long this will be the case for as developments are in progress for additional cabins on the land adjacent). We did notice that not all of the cabins have the same privacy. The beds were clean and comfortable, good showers and kitchen with everything needed. The rack to store the bikes outside the door was useful. The only things that could be improved is provision of the advertised toiletries (there was only a small soap for each bathroom), a nicer settee (ours was a grey plasticy material which was not particularly clean looking - maybe to do with being a dog friendly?) and some more hooks around the place would have been useful. Loved the shop, as although pricey, stocked a good selection of quality food, gift and pet items. Would definitely return and would recommend to others who enjoy natural surroundings and outdoor activities.

• Trip type: Traveled with family