2,190 results
All reviews the upper deck restaurant salt room steam room relaxation room christchurch harbour sea view afternoon tea changing rooms garden room restaurant manager sunday night stunning location wedding party hengistbury head both nights birthday treat special occasion
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I visited the Christchurch harbour hotel on 2nd August as I was bridesmaid for my friends wedding. The venue itself is lovely and I couldn’t fault it until I got to my room.
After paying out £140 for one night I was expecting good things, however....some of the shutters on the window were broken and the bath was a bit stained and there was a bug in it. I have contacted the hotel directly but they have decided not to respond to me in any way.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Jemma B
John W, General Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Jemma B

Thank you for your review.

I replied to you on 4th August at 18.36 with an apology and an appropriate response. On seeing this review, I have written to you again.

Please kindly reply to me (john.willcock@harbourhotels.co.uk) so that we can resolve this matter.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Luxurious room with great little extras- robes, slippers espresso machine, mini bar. Really comfortable beds & in a quiet area, even sleeping with the window open there was only minimal noise. Hotel was really busy with a wedding reception, but the staff were all still very attentive & helpful. To improve the rooms I think they should consider
air con for the bedrooms, this is the only criticism I can give. We both had treatments at the spa, really great lava shell massage - loved it.

Room tip: Rooms over looking harbour have a great view & some have balconies
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank lindashaw

Dear lindashaw

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed a nice, relaxing break at our hotel and loved your lava shell massages. Thank you for your comment about air conditioning, it would indeed be a welcome addition and will be reviewed later in the year.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I didn’t stay at the hotel - but booked well in advance for afternoon tea in the Upper Deck. It was for a special occasion and we were hoping for a real treat. From arrival to leaving it just seemed like the staff were not at all interested in serving us or even indicating that the table was ready - we had to ask twice to be seated, and only then the table was made up for us. Little things missing from the afternoon teas that we had to ask for and once the food was on the table no one ever came back to check if we were ok or if we wanted anything more. The lady serving our table never once asked if we were having a good time or if there was a reason for our visit - in fact she seemed to be annoyed by other members of staff - snapping at one which was a bit uncomfortable to watch. In the end we saw ourselves out and paid at the bar. It was sadly disappointing.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
John W, General Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear SARAH E

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your afternoon tea experience. It's a great shame that you didn't enjoy your special occasion due to a lapse in service.

I would appreciate it you could contact me, john.willcock@harbourhotels.co.uk, so that I can discuss this further with you.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel has been our families hotel of choice for over twenty years.

We have all matured together and under the steerage of Alex and his team the hotel has never been better.

We live in leafy Buckinghamshire and have travelled down to the christchurch area anticipating a fantastic meal in either of the amazing restaurants.

My only criticism would be that due to the fabulous food and wine ( not mentioning great cocktails ) my waist line has gone up a notch or two and my next sartorial expense would be elasticated trousers!!!

After some 40 plus years in the film industry i am delighted to advise that due to the CHRISTCHURCH HARBOUR HOTEL MY wife and i will be selling up and moving to within a mile of so from the hotel just so we can frequent to restaurants more often So watch out here comes the new trousers

Power to the suffle Alex.

L

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank paullawrence616258
John W, General Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear paullawrence616258,

We are truly thankful for your review. Your kind words about the hotel have been gratefully received by all who work here. It's great to hear that we have been your family's choice of hotel for over twenty years.

We will of course look forward to being your local restaurant when you move, although cannot guarantee you won't need more trousers!

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying this place is beautiful and worth the money.
However a few little niggles that could be rectified.
Firstly, your staff, alot of service staff in the upper deck seemed like they had better places to be. Althoigh polite and courteous they looked very uninterested and often not remembering or slower than average.
Secondly, the hotel seemed incredibly messy especially the communal spaces and upper deck terrace. Only half was open during the day and despite the 28c+ weather the hotel had the feeling of post party untidiness.
Thirdly, a small one but more information in the rooms. The welcome tray with complimentary drinks wasn't advertised anywhere.

The hotel setting is beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful spa area.
The hotel needs a little extra staff enthusiasm and attention to detail.
Overall, a lovely stay.
Food was excellent.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
John W, General Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear janeshorey19

Thank you for your review.

Whilst I am delighted by the many positive aspects of your feedback, I am naturally disappointed that there were areas where we let ourselves down. I am however very grateful for your feedback and will use it to make the necessary improvements.