2,047 results
All reviewsleftbank restaurantlock restaurantleft bank restaurantoutdoor poolbuffet restaurantlock bar and kitchenmagna cartariverside roomriver viewwalk along the riverspa facilitieswatching the boatswindsor castlelovely hotellounge barheathrow airportgreat weekend
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful weekend away here recently with my husband and 2 children aged 4 and 1.

POSITIVES-
*Nice touch with children receiving little goody bags at check in with colouring and teddy bear ducks.
*Deluxe double room had nespresso machine and fridge.
*Beautiful grounds and next to a lock and a 15 min river path walk to Runnymede Pleasure Ground
*Outdoor pool is heated and does 2-3pm children’s splash time with inflatables at weekends.
*Great play area for children
*Buffet breakfast had plenty of variety and was delicious.
* Genuine, helpful and friendly staff

NEGATIVES
*No decent mirror in room to dry hair and apply make up. Was behind coffee cups and coffee machine.
*Were unable to get any full fat milk for my son at breakfast. Every other type available except that.

Overall we had a wonderful weekend and will definitely return.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you for kind review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us over the weekend and found the team friendly, genuine and helpful, the playground and splash time great, the breakfast delicious and that the children enjoyed their welcome packs. I am, however, sorry that we were not able to cater full fat milk for your son’s breakfast and that the in room amenities blocked the mirror too much. Should you visit us again please request an additional mirror and the milk for your son at the time of booking and we can make arrangements for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

The hotel is in a stunning location with excellent facilities. Visit to attend a family wedding food was great and service was very good too. Rooms were very well equipped, spacious and tastefully decorated. Weather was excellent so outdoor pool was ideal. Having to check out at 11am was disappointing and meant our use of the many facilities was very limited.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, the wedding and the outdoor pool and that you found the room well equipped, spacious and tastefully decorated. I am, however, sorry that you felt our check out time was too early and therefore the use of the facilities limited; regretfully due to high occupancy we cannot always accommodate early arrival or late departure requests. The facilities can be used from check-in from 2 pm and until departure which is 11am in accordance with the opening times. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Located by a bridge on the M25 and very close to Heathrow airport who would believe you could sit tranquilly eating a superbly delicious breakfast on a terrace beside a lock on the river Thames......but we did.
We recently stayed here whilst attending a wedding and therefore paid a lower rate for our room, which was very comfortable and well equipped with a coffee machine, robes etc though initially no bar of soap!, A large fresh looking stain on the carpet detracted from its appeal. However, the overall quality was good. River facing rooms must be wonderful but reflected in the high cost room rate,
Checking in and out was rather time consuming and tedious due to the large number of guests. We had requested early access to our room (noon) if possible in order to get changed for the wedding but it was 2.30 before it was ready.
The wedding was superbly catered for, the staff were excellent and, despite the negative points, we thought it was a lovely hotel and location and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you for your overall positive review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay thoroughly despite some negative points. I have passed on your feedback to our Head Housekeeper regarding the soap as well as the above mentioned stain in order to investigate and remove the stain. My apologies if this detracted from the room’s appeal. I am also sorry that you found the check-in and check-out process tedious and time consuming; on weekends all our guests tend to arrive and depart at the same time which can be challenging. Our Housekeeping and reception always try their best to accommodate early arrival requests; regretfully we cannot always accommodate these requests due to high occupancy and delayed departures. My apologies that you had to wait until 2:30pm for your room. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Runnymede for my birthday. Booked a spa retreat package. When we checked in was upgraded to a riverside room and also received a birthday card and chocolates from the hotel which I thought was a nice touch. During our stay we eat in the bar and also the lock restaurant. The food was of good quality although some of the dishes in the Lock restaurant were small and more sides would have been nice. Staff were helpful throughout hotel. Spa was lovely with nice outdoor pool. Back massage was great. Buffet breakfast was amazing in the morning lots of choice and food fresh. Hotel was really busy the weekend we stayed as there were two weddings so not a peaceful hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your overall positive review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am pleased that you chose us for your birthday celebrations with your family and friends and that you found the outdoor pool and the back massage great. I am, however, sorry that you found some of the dishes in the Lock too small; I have passed on your feedback to our Head Chef to review the sides served with the dishes. During summer and on weekends the hotel is a sought after location for weddings and celebrations; my apologies if these disturbed your peace. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Hotel is fantastic. Located right on the Thames will beautiful.outside setting. Plenty of facilities to make the most of. Food and service in both the bar and restaurant were fantastic. Best buffet I've tasted.

Room Tip: Not the biggest
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your lovely review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am pleased that you found the Hotel, food and service in both our restaurants fantastic, the location beautiful and the buffet the best you have ever tasted. We look forward to welcoming you back again.