Tremeer Farm
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Fowey
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Fowey Hall(Fowey)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslong barnfire pitwood burnerfeeding the animalscollecting eggsthe barntoasted marshmallowshot tubpizza oveneach morningsecond weekdouble bedmay bank holidaycome homeperfect holidaycar ferrymod cons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2017

What can we say about this beautiful place that has not been already been said? Not a lot. We had the barn with some friends and our kids in August. From the very first minute we felt this was a perfect base for our second week in Cornwall and we were not wrong. Its a fabulous setting, the barn is a wonderful home from home and the hosts Rob and Sarah are perfect. We are already planning how we can get back there, with more friends in tow. That says it all really, its so good you want to go back straight away.

Room Tip: The barn is fantastic and very comfortable for 2 families with Children in tow
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Great place.lovely setting the yurts are really well presented and so comfortable.loved the campfires.rob and Sara were very welcoming and informative about where to go and how to get there. Look forward to our next visit next year

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
sara f, Owner at Tremeer Farm, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2017

Thank you for your kind words and for coming to stay at Tremeer. We are so pleased that you had a good time and great that you got to see the Barn Owl. Delighted that you are planning to come back again next year. Best wishes Sara

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

We worked out this is the 7th year we've returned to Tremeer Farm & it never disappoints - we've dragged mates there too & now they're fully signed up fans! This year we loved the pizza oven & had a fab time kayaking with Encounter Cornwall. The kids still love feeding the animals & there's never room in the hot tub for an adult!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank WiltshireBeannie
Reviewed May 12, 2017

We have just had the best weekend where we hired the whole farm for my 40th Birthday. We were several families in total, all with small children, and we had the grandparents there as well. It was the perfect place to celebrate over the May bank holiday. We were a bit concerned what the weather might hold for us, and as it turned out we did get a bit of everything! Fortunately the farm catered for all weather conditions, where the massive play barn came into its own. The Hot tub was constantly ticking over to warm us up, and was enjoyed by all ages - It was a big hit. The oldies were extremely cosy in the long barn and the kids were happy running wild in the meadow.

Rob and Sara are generous and lovely people who have put a lot of effort into making a beautiful and tranquil place to stay. The kids loved feeding the lambs and Rosie the pig is a bit of a character. There are lots of things to keep the kids entertained.
We thought the yurts are wonderful. They are big! And really pretty, the beds are comfy, and they warm up pretty quickly with the fire on. There’s lots of room on the decking and plenty of space around and between each yurt. As we were a big group we used the communal areas more than the individual fire pits for each yurt when cooking. I think there’s a strong emphasis on cooking outdoors, which for us was great fun and got everyone involved. For our birthday feast we cooked up two amazing stews over an open fire by the hot tub, using all the equipment Rob and Sara provide. It really worked a treat! One of the many highlights, and not to be missed, is the Pizza Oven. We made 24 pizzas with little effort and they were the best pizzas we’ve ever had.

Rob was very accommodating with all our plans for a birthday party and it’s a great venue for a group celebration.

Not to be missed during your visit is a trip to the coast. We descended to Lansallos Cove on a drizzly Sunday. The path down is really magical and the cove dramatic on a windy day. I’m sure it’s fantastic on a calm sunny day too. Fowey is really close if you fancy a bit of a wander around a pretty town, and only a quick trip across Bodinnick car ferry.

We were all very sad when we had to pack up and leave after such a successful and happy weekend on the farm. We are all very keen to come back. Thank you Rob and Sara, I had a great birthday.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Swaddles
Reviewed April 24, 2017

I’m not sure I’ve ever got back from a trip away and felt so compelled to sit down and write a review, as I have right now. My partner and I and our 7 year old twin boys booked Yurts Cornwall for a short mid-week Easter break. We’d never done the Yurt thing before, and always camped or stayed in holiday lets but we really fancied getting close to nature and having some good quality family time as we’d had a busy start to the year.

I’m not sure where to start as our stay at Yurts Cornwall on Tremeer Farm was such an awesome experience from the moment we arrived to when we drove out the gates to come home The Yurts themselves were superb, with a beautiful wooden floor and large decking area outside, great wood burner with plentiful supply of wood, a beautiful double bed with the most luxurious and comfortable duvet and pillows, the boys had just a lovely single futon beds. The Yurt came with loads of extra blankets and hot water bottles which our boys thought were the best – it was Easter after all and the nights were cold, but not in our toasty Yurt with the wood burner crackling away whilst we fell asleep.

There are only 4 Yurts in the farm and they are all very private (I’m sure they could add more Yurts but it would spoil the experience) and come with their own fire pit and bbq area, also 2 Yurts shared the best equipped kitchen contained within the barns. We had a lovely family from Bristol sharing our kitchen and they had a little boy who was 5 so perfect. The way the space is laid out is perfect, it allows you to be private if you want or be social. There doesn’t seem to be anything not suitable though through, even down to the shower/toilet area where there are 4 boxes in a draw unit where each family can leave their toiletries so save taking back and to the Yurt.

They even have an outdoor pizza oven, which Rob fired up for us one afternoon, and our family made dough and our own pizzas which were bloody tasty! There is also a hot tub set within the grounds, which was just superb – I even managed to have a quiet 20 mins in there in the sun drinking prosecco – totally luxury, as I’d just come back from a run. The kids loved it as you can imagine, and we had to often coax them out of it!

When I talk about the full experience being perfect, Rob and Sarah (the owners who live in a beautiful cottage within the grounds) encourage the kids to meet at 9am for the morning ritual of feeding and cuddling the lambs, feeding and watering the chickens, feeding Rosie the pig and watering and collecting eggs from the chickens to eat for our breakfast – the kids squealed with delight whilst running back to the Yurt with their buckets and eggs! Oh, I forgot to say Rob and Sarah encourage the kids to go along so the parents can enjoy a cuppa tea and cuddle in bed

Anyway, I literally could go on and on, but I’m probably boring you all now. All I can say if you can manage to book yourselves into one of these 4 Yurts, you won’t regret it. You’ll create memories to treasure for ever and will want to come back every year.

P.S I didn’t even tell you about the surrounding areas – there are so many places to see and things to do but I’ll have to write another essay to tell you! …So I will leave that up to you to experience and make your own minds up.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank LauraThomas2014
sara f, Owner at Tremeer Farm, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2017

Wow Laura, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It does mean a lot to us to get such positive feedback and makes what we do really worthwhile. We are delighted to hear that you all had a great time and we really enjoyed having you all to stay - everyone's enthusiasm was contagious. Rob says you really do make a superb pizza! Do hope you all have a great summer