“Amazing!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Used to visit here all the time when I was younger. Got a collection tonight of margarita, cheesy garlic bread & chips and it hasn’t changed. Absolutely the best pizza in low fell, if not the north east! The owner is an absolute gent aswell. Couldn’t not be lovelier. 100/10!!!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (169)

Reviewed 15 December 2020

Great pizza, pasta & garlic bread. Consistent food every order. Can't go wrong with this restaurant.

Reviewed 5 November 2020

Real Italian Pizza cooked freshly on our order and served promptly, lots of topping, reasonable prices, quaint surroundings in the heart of Low fell. Staff are friendly and attentive, I would recommend this establishment without hesitation for a real Italian meal, on this occasion we didn't eat early but they have a good happy hour menu on offer.

Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

For an authentic Italian experience, Piazza Latina is a must!!
We ordered a takeaway due to Covid restrictions and the manager kindly phoned me to let me know he could accommodate my request to convert the pizza to a calzone as he had time and WOW! For under a tenner, I got a gigantic cheesy calzone and big garlic dip that was to die for!!
My partner's pasta was creamy and amazing, I used the sauce to dip my crusts in much to his annoyance!
There's a lot of Italians in Gateshead but Piazza Latina is a hidden underrated gem that must be tried. We are definitely going to be visiting when we next can!

Reviewed 18 October 2020

Had the Mediterranean Chickpeas Pasta, asked for it to be Al Forno too to make it even better! Delicious and tangy.

Date of visit: October 2020