Muckrach Country House Hotel
Grant Arms Hotel(Grantown-on-Spey)
US$159
US$133
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

Ben Mhor Hotel(Grantown-on-Spey)
US$100
US$97
Garth Hotel & Restaurant(Grantown-on-Spey)
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Ardenbeg Bunkhouse(Grantown-on-Spey)
US$111
Waverley Villa Guesthouse(Grantown-on-Spey)
US$140
US$98
TripAdvisor
Rossmor Guest House(Grantown-on-Spey)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewshaggis bon bonsnew ownershunting lodgecountry househigh standardattention to detailscallopsbeautiful hotelpublic roomsdrawing roomlambchecking outevery aspectthe hotel managerfirst classbeautiful roombeautiful surroundings
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on the way home, unplanned, it just looked nice. We were absolutely delighted by the restaurant, the excellent service and the truly fantastic, home cooked food. The pie of the day was the best pie I have ever had in my life (and I’m 60!). It was only lunch, but it turned out to be a real treat! Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill Y
Mark H, General Manager at Muckrach Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Bill

It's great to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

I hope you will return in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

My husband and I had decided to treat ourselves to a short break in the Cairngorms and after consulting trip advisor we chose Muckrach and it proved to be one of the best decisions we’ve ever made.From the moment we arrived till the time we left it was a wonderful stay.We arrived a little early so our room wasn’t quite ready but we were quite happy to treat ourselves to a quick drink but imagine our surprise and delight when Mark,the manager told the barman to put our drinks on his tab! No sooner said than we were furnished with the largest gin and tonics we have ever been served! At this point I should also add that when I booked directly with the hotel Mark said he would give us an upgrade to a suite at no extra cost! The next morning I was planning to take a taxi into nearby Grantown-on-Spey as my husband had gone off elsewhere with our car so just imagine my surprise (once more) when a member of staff said he would drop me off there as he could be there and back before the taxi arrived and that if I was struggling to get back just to give the hotel a ring and he would come back for me! This hotel certainly knows how to treat it’s guests.We dined in the hotel each evening and the food was superb,good use of local ingredients and a decent choice especially when daily specials were added.We found the staff well trained and efficient but also extremely friendly and helpful-an ideal combination.The hotel is perfectly situated being less than hour or so drive from the Moray coast,Aviemore,historic castles and wildlife parks.There is golf and fishing nearby and for anyone needing retail therapy Inverness is only about 40 miles away.There are ,of course,the two resident highland cows who will happily pose for photos if bribed with their favourite oatcakes.I cannot praise Mark and all his staff highly enough and hope to return for the murder mystery night in July. We will most definitely be back

Room Tip: All rooms have great views and are quiet.We stayed in the Aberlour suite located next to the hotel
Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi Hazel

Your review could have got me into lots of trouble. We only give out large G&T's and upgrade to best rooms to the chosen few and you were both lovely enough to warrant this.

Thank you for leaving us an excellent review. Reviews such as this make it all worthwhile.

See you on Friday 13th July for our Murder Mystery Night. I do hope you can both make it.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My wife and I were doing a small tour of the beautiful Scottish highlands for our honeymoon, and had a wonderful time staying in a few different places and exploring the local areas.
Our final 2 nights were spent at the Muckrach Hotel, and want to say thank you to the team there for making it such a perfect end to our honeymoon.
We have spent time in a few beautiful hotels, each with their charm and good service, but what we received at Muckrach felt like something much more - there was a genuineness of care and kindness from all the staff, from management through to the chefs, which is quite hard to capture in a few words for a review.

The hotel itself is stunning, brimming with character - we enjoyed an evening of local speyside whiskeys (including a Muckrach exclusively branded marvel), reading our books in a lounge whilst a local pianist provided some wonderful background ambience.

The food and wine was great, and it's amusing to me that the story I tell friends and family about our honeymoon includes a detailed description of some porridge oats (they were that good).

All in all, we are extremely grateful that the story of our honeymoon ended the way it did, and can't think of anywhere more perfect to go for our anniversary next year.

1  Thank Sam M

Hi Sam

It was great to have you both staying with us. It is not difficult to look after nice people and you definitely fall into that category.

I hope you have a wonderful life together and will return for an anniversary?

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We recently stayed here for a short break to get away from everything. We found it the perfect place to do so. The staff were very friendly and the service was excellent. The room (Glenbogle) was very well equipped and was also very quiet. We enjoyed a three course dinner in the restaurant whilst watching the wildlife outside. The house has a very welcoming feel about it and we can't wait to feel that again on our return visit. Highly recommended. Thank you to Mark and all of the team for making us feel welcome.

Room Tip: Glenbogle was a lovely room

Hi Fishypro

It was great to have you staying with us. Your review makes great reading. Thank you.

Next time I am passing through Pitlochry I will pop in for a lesson.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

My wife and I have just returned from a weekend at Muckrach which we booked to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. An impressive choice as from the second you pull through the property gates, you can't help but admire the beautiful setting the hotel stands in. Through the door and everything within the building has clearly been done to the highest of standards, it's a stylish place but manages to retain a very welcoming feel.

The hotel was rammed on the Saturday night and poor Mark and James were run ragged, yet we still were left wanting for nothing when it came to service. Some of this may have to do with the fact James somehow seems to move around the hotel at a pace Usain Bolt would be in awe of. The guy is a real asset to the place, great banter in the bar as we (well I) got tucked in to the large whisky selection which he was very knowledgeable of. Mark does a great job of not leaving you feeling as if you're just another guest, happy to spend time chatting and having a laugh with everyone, we left today feeling like we'd been staying there much longer than we had. The two highland coos in the grounds, well that's just a wee masterstroke, even if I found my cow whispering techniques were severely lacking!

It looks as if the work in progress self catering bungalows are set to be every bit as stunning as the hotel itself, so they'll definitely be something we'll look in to when we head back in a larger group.

All in all I would absolutely struggle to find anything bad to say about our stay, plans are already in the making for a return trip with friends which for me pretty much says it all. I'll take this chance to say thanks to all the staff again, as I know Mark will probably be the first to read it anyway!

Hi Colin

Sorry it has taken a while to respond to your great review. That weekend will be etched in my memory for a long time.

James and I were both on fire that night and I think we got away with it?

Colin the Farmer has asked me to let him know the next time you are returning. Can't imagine why?

Let me know when you have a date in my to return with your group of friends.