“Air conditioning at last”
Review of Tarro Lounge

Tarro Lounge
Ranked #15 of 121 Restaurants in Hinckley
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Have visited many times in the past for lunch or early evening meal. Stopped going in April due to oppressive heat in the lounge. Just returned - now air conditioned. Good value for money and pleasant staff. Chicken, bacon & avocado salad is exceptional value.

Edward D, Manager at Tarro Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi peter,

Thank you for returning! we have been planning to have aircon for awhile now but always struggled to find the time to get it installed but thankfully we did as we love it to!

see you soon :)

Tarro lounge.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The food is always spot in with some lovely tapas dishes. Staff are always friendly, but the tables are always dirty and not wiped down. Takes ages for the staff to clear tables and the menus are always sticky and marked. A shame as it’s not table service so if the staff did their jobs correctly and worked productively it would be a lovely place to sit and eat.

Hi Jamie,

Thanks you for your review, we do love our tapas as well!

Sorry to hear you havent always enjoyed your visit but hopfully we will see you again soon for a couple dishes of tapas soon :)

Tarro Lounge.

Visited today.

The food was lovely as were the milkshakes and cocktails a few of us had. My dad wanted to try a cherry bakewell having heard about them. Unfortunately no dissarano so not possible. Maybe the barstaff could have taken the opportunity to recommend something different.

However the service of the waiting staff really let the venue down - the bar service was the best part of the service- although it is a shame that we were advised there were no draught products available when actually during our visit I saw the pumps in action on more than one occasion. My sister chose a can of IPA - not sure what we were charged for as the barman couldn't find it on the till.

We were advised of the wait for food when ordering and this was not a problem. Our order was read back to us when ordering including all drinks which was really helpful as I was offering for 6.

Food arrives - a tapas platter - staff looked horrified that we required 2 plates and 2 sets of cutlery for this. Shame that it was the only cutlery that arrived at the table!

My four year old has his mac and cheese served to him with burnt garlic bread and received no cutlery.

My fish finger sandwich was lovely. The fries which I paid extra for were unfortunately lukewarm and I cannot comment on the coleslaw as I had nothing to eat it with short of using my hands.

The waiting staff at this point disappeared - I expected them to return with the missing meal and the cutlery for three people.

After a few minutes my father got up and walked to the serving hatch of the kitchen to get cutlery and mentioned we were missing a meal. A member of staff approached the table and asked what was the matter. I explained we were waiting on a burger and was told we hadn't ordered one. Baring in mind the entire order had been read back to me at the till I couldn't understand how this could be the case and pointed out we had and that the bar tender had confirmed this prior to taking my payment.

The waiter/floor staff advised again it wasn't ordered and that he would sort it. No less than two minutes later it was delivered to the table - so quite clearly we has ordered it and the kitchen hadn't plated it up when our other food came out. An apology would have been nice - as would have been some cutlery for the accompanying coleslaw.

At no point did anyone do a check back on the table and when they came to clear the plates they tried to take my four year olds dinner when he hadn't finished it.

All in all I feel quite let down today as I had spent a lot of time talking up Tarro based on prior experiences but felt somewhat embarrassed in front of my family at how shambolic the service was today and really there was no excuse such as being short staffed....there was a lot of standing around at the gantry service point for the kitchen.

Was also disappointed that the toilet checksheet which is clearly visible on the back of the toilet door hasn't been completed for a 2pm toilet check when it was gone 3pm when I used the facilities. No point having a sign off sheet to show that the toilets are checked if not one is checking them and signing them off as it just alerts customers to the fact it isn't happening.

Will I return - probably not.

hello Sophie,

thank you for taking the time to write your review, we take all reviews good or bad very seriously.

We were also disappointed on how lunch was that afternoon particularly the service your table received and I can completely understand your frustrations, hopefully you will give us another chance to show you what a true loungers experience is some time soon.

Kind regards,

Ed

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely restaurant brilliant atmosphere within Hinckley. Cosy but buzzing place to be. Lovely menu super tasty food and reasonable prices. Would recommend Tarro to anyone looking for a comfortable place to meet friends and eat a meal.

hello!

and thank you for spreading the word!

See you soon,

Tarro

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Convenient location in town. Plenty of public car parks nearby. Unusual, nice, interesting interior. Very popular & busy. Friendly accommodating staff. Good coffees. Good menu with interesting, unusual & tempting options also a full Gluten Free menu. Some items from the menu not in stock but not aware of this until we went to the till to order. Good quality food. Fair prices. Put off by so many dogs in there though.

Tarro L, Manager at Tarro Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Hi!

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, hopefully see you soon!

Tarro