Free cancellation until 07/28
US$123
US$104
Hotels.com
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$39
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$57/night.

Free cancellation until 07/26
US$116
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$105
US$94
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

The Hinton Guest House(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$90
US$75
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Travelodge Knutsford M6(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
US$54
Travelodge
Moss Farm(Knutsford)
Moss Wood(Knutsford)
1,384 results
All reviewsbrowns restaurantthe club loungesalt roomaromatherapy associatesmud treatmentoverlooking the lakeafternoon teachanging roomsunderfloor heatingrelaxation roomjunior suiteevening mealtreatment roomsbottle of proseccofood was lovelysteam roomrobes and slippers
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were 3 couples who booked a spa and golf package with overnight stay and meal voucher. We had a lovely break. It was very busy due to a wedding. The staff were all very friendly. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The beds were really comfortable as well. The food at Browns was excellent.

Overall we all had a great break.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Gary J, General Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Oli_M_1980,

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed everything about your recent Golf/Spa Break at the Mere Golf Resort and Spa.

Keep your eyes on our website and Facebook Page for the most up to date offers available, they might tempt you into joining us again very soon!

Kindest regards,

Gary Johnson

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We highly recommend The Mere...the service we received was second to none....the rooms were very clean and comfortable....and the spa was relaxing and enjoyable...our whole stay was perfect and we will definitely be returning

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Vicki H,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review after your recent time with us.

It is a pleasure to know that our team exceeded your expectations and that they made your stay such a memorable one.

Hopefully we will be welcoming you back very soon!

Kindest regards,

Gary Johnson

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Check in -

Our room was not ready at 2pm (as with most other guests), we arrived about 2.45 to ensure we could check in and instead we were told we could go and get a drink and wait, to which I asked if the drinks would be complimentary whilst we waited, the young man behind reception said he couldn’t authorise this, and to be honest was not very good at customer service, I suggested he find someone that could which he eventually did. We waited in the club lounge expecting for someone to come and find us when our room was ready, no, I returned to reception an hour later and the room still was not ready. Eventually we had a room and could check in at around 4.15pm.

Our room -

The room was clean etc, but no prosecco (which was part of our package) and no milk in our fridge for tea and coffee. I called down to ask about both, the prosecco arrived but it was warm. I asked if we could have a cold bottle. 10 mins later the gentleman returned and said no, as the fridge was broken!! I’m not sure at which point you wouldn’t just swap a warm bottle with a cold bottle from a fridge at the bar, especially when the guests were already unhappy.

The TV was annoying as it hardly responded to the remote.

Then some room service arrived, we had not ordered room service and on checking out bill on the tv we had been billed for it. I called down again and this was later removed.

Dinner -

We ate in the club lounge as there were no tables available in Browns. Our main course order came out wrong, not hard to get this right as we both ordered the same thing, when it did arrive correctly the onion rings were stone cold and so were the sweet potato fries which had to be replaced. To be honest the standard of the food wasn’t really what I would expect in a hotel of this standard.

Wake up call -

When we eventually checked in we were asked by a lady behind reception if we were the room that wanted the 8am wake up call, to which we responded with No definitely not. Well guess what 8am on a Sunday morning and we get a wake up call!!!! We are on holiday on a bank holiday Sunday and are woken up at 8 am hardly relaxing!! When I then complained about this on check out the receptionist said well I didn’t like it when my alarm went off at 6am, I literally could not believe she had said this, her alarm went off to go to work, we have paid to come away, hardly the right reaction and I thought it was incredibly rude. To be honest both of the reception staff we encountered could have done with a customer service course.

The spa is ok, nothing to write home about, and not many places to sit, also a lot of children until about 11.30.

Overall very, very disappointing stay.

Room Tip: If you want a bath make sure you specify on booking as not all rooms have one.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jemma T
Gary J, General Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Jemma,

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback on your recent experience with us here at The Mere Golf Resort & Spa.

I believe you are already in contact with Joseph from our Guest Services team about your feedback.

Best Regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in one of the Lake View Rooms. We were asked to pay £100 on check in in case we bought anything on the room which I found a bit odd but accepted it. Part of our package was to get Prosecco and chocolates on arrival in the room but this didn’t turn up until nearly 6pm after we chased the reception up on it, a couple of hours after we checked in. The Prosecco was lovely when it did turn up though!

Had a nice meal at Browns that evening but I wouldn’t bother with the bar next door to it, £18.50 for two cocktails which just tasted like juice.

Breakfast was okay, nice food but seemed a bit chaotic - broken toasters, tables not set, no glasses, had to ask multiple times for tea to be brought over.

We made use of the spa which was pricey but had a lovely treatment and relaxation afterwards. Poolside service is a nice touch.

I was very surprised during our stay that our room wasn’t cleaned for the two nights we were there. We left the room from 10 until 5 and it was not cleaned, we then got a knock on the door at half 5 from a maid asking if we wanted it cleaned but we were getting ready by this point, it’s really not acceptable to be cleaning rooms that late. As such we were left with dirty glasses and towels for the 2nd night.

Overall a nice hotel but some organisation problems let it down. Also try to avoid being there when there is a big function, there was a ball there during our stay and the guests associated with that were very disruptive.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Gary J, General Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear 202Fiona,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent experience with us here at The Mere Golf Resort & Spa.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your recent experience with us although disappointed to hear we have let you down in a few areas of the resort. I will ensure your comments are processed onto our Voice of Customer report that is distributed to our head of department team on a weekly basis to review with their teams.

I hope to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We arrived early and had coffee in the club bar which was great looking over the golf course and Mere. The hotel is stunning, really lovely Easter floral displays with the finishing touches being added as we arrived.
I thought the Spa was excellent, a great selection of rooms on the thermal journey. Plus really relaxing layout of loungers which were maintained regularly and jugs of iced water put out. The pool is gorgeous and all kept to a very high standard.
The room was fantastic, we had bubbles brought up by the concierge and some chocolates as it was our birthdays. Very friendly and helpful concierge.
The Dinner was lovely, the Gin cured salmon was great and the peacan pie for dessert, stunning. Our kettle wasn’t working in our room and we wanted a cup of tea before bed, but reception couldn’t get anyone to swop it for an hour until the night porter came on. So they organised a tray of tea, what good service!
Breakfast was great, I did expect for such a lovely hotel to have a menu and maybe the choice of eggs benedict or such like. But the service and buffets available were lovely and again the staff were very welcoming and friendly.
The only thing I didn’t like was having an iPad to look at the menu. I think paper is better, plus there were a few spelling mistakes. I understand about not wasting paper but it just didn’t feel right ordering off such a devise.
I would however 100% recommend and I look forward to returning another time, it was seamless enjoyment from the moment we walked in, thank you to all the staff!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends

Dear NellyJ68,

I am delighted to your comments about your stay with us and thrilled to hear that you would recommend us to others and would like to return yourself. I will ensure you comments are passed across for the rest of the team to enjoy.

I hope to see you in the resort in the near future.

Best Wishes,