“It’s back and even better”

Browns Lane Bar and Restaurant - Bistro - Bar - Music
Ranked #37 of 257 Restaurants in Loughborough
Price range: US$13 - US$42
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Browns Lane has a stylish bar with a relaxed feel, and a restaurant that offers high quality freshly prepared cuisine. Imaginative cocktails to perfectly chilled champagne, freshly prepared lunchtime snack menus to the sumptuous specials board, create a perfect setting for any social occasion - coffee with a friend, a romantic meal for two or a big celebratory meal. The upstairs restaurant offers an a la carte menu of modern English 'with a twist' which changes monthly. All dishes are cooked to order using fresh, seasonal, local produce, by chefs who insist on a very high standard of cuisine. Our food is served until 10pm Monday to Saturday
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a great Sunday lunch, great service and food! I forgot how good it was to eat out - will definitely be back.

Hats off to the chef, glad to see this beautiful place in great hands.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank Trendsetter_uk
Write a reviewReviews (537)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great Food, Great Staff and Service, what else is there to like.

Staff were really friendly and nothing was a too much of an ask.

2  Thank jiantkah
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I cannot fault any of the staff here!
Not only was the food gorgeous, but we received the best service I have ever gotten with regards to me being lactose intolerant! When we booked I mentioned about being DF, to which they then organised a call for me to go through the menu with a staff member before our meal. They told me all the options I could have and which could be adapted to be DF! Incredible!

And whilst we were at the restaurant the staff were super welcoming and the chef was just so accommodating to make most of the dishes DF!

Starters - all DF
Olives
Garlic chilli prawns on toast
- Both so full of flavour and the perfect sizes for starters

Mains
Vegetable Thai Red curry with added prawns - DF
Dexter burger
- My curry was wonderful and the prawns were huge, and there was soo much lovely sauce and perfectly cooked veg it was just perfect! Presentation was beautiful too!
- My BF had the burger and he said it was 10/10, no faults at all which is something coming from him as he loves a burger but can be quite critical. He said it stayed together perfectly and tasted amazing!

Dessert
Lemon cheesecake
- Thus was gorgeous - came out like a deconstructed cheesecake, so cute! Very yummy from the BF.
- Sadly not DF but I could have had poached pears (but was very full)!

Drinks
Chenin blanc
Lemonade

I cannot recommend enough!

2  Thank MollyBuckmaster
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just wow, great food, great service, already booked in to go back. It was very good before, now it's amazing.

2  Thank mansfieldh
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bright & beautiful - Lovely warm atmosphere and excellent service Very friendly helpful staff
Food - EXCEPTIONAL! Thai curry! It’s definitely gone to the top of my list!

1  Thank ArunaMeasuria