“Fantastic little bistro for an evening bite”

Whispers Cafe Bistro
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is a little gem in lytham. The evening menu has a great choice and the food is beautifully cooked and at really sensible prices. Far better value than many local eateries! The service is very friendly and helpful, I would highly recommend.

1  Thank 225Helen98

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch and there was a lot of choice on the menu but of bigger meals ,No light snack options , We was seated by a member of staff and then swiftly took our order but didn’t come across very friendly,I had the vegetarian breakfast which consisted of two overdone (Burnt) vegetarian sausages a half of tomato which wasn’t cooked just put on the plate and the oil was literally swimming on the plate it was awful.The scone was as solid and dry like it had been there a week so only had a bit of it . very poor also when the waitress came with the food no smile just plonked the plates down very poor customer service not a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We choose this cafe for cake and coffee.
My partners carrot cake was moist and lovely she really enjoyed it. However the side ramekin of cream wasn’t real cream it was squirts cheap cream and it tasted horrible.

My coffee and walnut cake was presented well, but the sponge was dry. We were happy they had soya milk for my partners latte as she suffers a lactose intolerance.

The waitress was friendly and attentive.

The toilets are in need of an upgrade not well presented at all.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

In a great location a lovely cafe, where we had a wonderful afternoon break. Tea, coffee 2 scones with jam & cream for £7. You can't get much better than that!.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Whispers to our friends.

1  Thank Alison R
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Took my elderly mum for an afternoon walk and decided to have lunch out. My mum loves plate meat pies so knowing Whispers do a good meat pie took her there. She ordered a pensioners sized meal which included a tea or coffee and she was not disappointed she thoroughly enjoyed it. Now comes the negative she wanted to go to the toilet and as she struggles with stairs she went to use the disabled downstairs she could not used it as it had been left in a dirty state. so a helped her upstairs and the ladies was in need of a clean too. I must admit some customers don't leave the facilities as they would wish to find them but also staff must check the regularly. I would have rated our visit excellent other than this issue.