“let down”

Whispers Cafe Bistro
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

found the waistress service good but the bald manager thinks he is better than you.went to complain about some food but wouldnt have any of it.thought the customer was allways right?wont be back..maybe if they change baldy

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I must commend the professionalism of the waiting staff, at Whispers, having waitressed myself for a number of years. Whispers is renowned in Lytham for the friendliness of the Team and the warm welcome received by regulars and visitors, all year round. This excellent service is consistent, even in the busy summer months.

On New Year's Day, I saw a couple come into the cafe and an order a coffee, without a please or a thank you. When the very polite waitress took the coffee and tried to explain that they may have to move tables, as their dog was lying down in the pathway to the door, the gentleman became very loud and confrontational. The couple left- despite the waitress calmly trying to clarify the situation.

The customers already in the cafe were shocked and embarrassed by this outburst. I'd like to thank the Whispers team for their kindness and professionalism in returning the feeling in the cafe back to the relaxed, inclusive and welcoming environment that they are widely known for.

1  Thank Turkish_Lynda
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, friendly staff, highly recommended. Great location , outside seating available, just a nice free belying atmosphere!

1  Thank Trombone on tour
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We called in here on New Years day after a nice but cold, blustery walk on Lytham front with our black Labrador. In need of a warm coffee my partner went in to ask if they were dog friendly but on opening the door he saw a medium sized dog sat next to its female owner on a chair therefore assumed that they were. We sat down , near the door with our Labrador under the table. I went to the counter to order but the waitress said she would come to take our order so I sat down. After a few minutes the waitress came over. I gave her our order which she accepted and she replied "you can stay with the dog if no-one complains." We immediately pointed to the dog sat on the chair to which she said. "It's a small dog and its sat on a blanket." We were made to feel totally uncomfortable and discriminated against. We got up and left immediately. Either the cafe is dog friendly or not but it cannot discriminate on the size of the dog.

1  Thank Sheila I
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Great Service, nice food at a reasonable price. There are lots of Cafes in Lytham and this is one we will return to again.

1  Thank Stephen C