Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Disappointing

Reviewed 2 May 2021
billcY8504AK
Nice strawberries but a rip off

Reviewed 3 August 2021
sarahsC7899LT
Edinburgh
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Warrington
from US$20.96
More Info
All reviews fruit picking strawberries pick your own fresh produce peas quiche cakes picnic area home made pork pie few hours afternoon tea great for kids pumpkins plants veg shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Disappointed. Expensive and poor customer service. Booked on line for the summer trail but we couldn’t book strawberry picking for the same time ( slots released a few days before but are booked quickly).

Very poor signage . Arriving in the car park to a multitude of disorganisation! Finding the booking in station to a surely unhelpful youth with no customer skills and few manners.

The summer trail was a very dangerous slippery muddy trail. We witnessed 4 people falling and getting covered in mud! The actual sunflowers were an amazing sight! Truly incredible. But I definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to walk that trail. The owners have a responsibility to customer safety and it was treacherous .

As we couldn’t book strawberry picking, we chose raspberry picking ( despite being told by the surly youth that there was NO fruit picking available.) So our two children picked a punnet of raspberries each and it was over £16!!!

The play are is poorly equipped with the zip wire broken, a few swings, a couple of tyres, A wigwam and a few push along toys!

Due to covid there was only a on outside cafe. They hadn’t accommodated for this with appropriate seating! People were stood in the rain waiting for tables and then there was a scramble for a vacant table!

So..... no.... we couldn’t recommend Kenyans . Basically a rip off!

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 4 August 2021 via mobile

It is a tradition for my daughter that I take her strawberry picking every Summer. This year I thought I’d try Kenyon Hall Farm. Online booking was ideal as you know you’re guaranteed strawberries when you arrive. It was £4.50 each to book a slot which included a punnet of strawberries. I assumed the admission cost was in reality the charge for the strawberries as no ‘pick your own’ farm is going to charge admission right?. I was disappointed to find when I got there that the punnet included in the admission charge was tiny - 5” x 3” x 2”. When I had picked my strawberries they worked out at 20p each!!! I am a huge supporter of farm diversification and would support any venture trying to make a go of this but I came away feeling I was ripped off. It took 45 mins to drive to the farm, so I had every intention of using the cafe etc whilst there but I honestly felt that the ethos of the farm is all about making the highest profit not nurturing the customer experience. If punnets that size were sold in a shop for £4.50 no one would buy them! I left the farm without buying anything else. I think next year I’ll be back to Woore Fruit Farm where you get twice the number of strawberries for your money and a reasonably priced drink!

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

Possibly the worst cafe experience I've had in many years. Rough outdoor surroundings, poor service, and overpriced lacklustre drinks. Never again.

Date of experience: July 2021
3  Thank I1858STandrewm
Reviewed 3 May 2021

I visit this shop a few times a year for plants and food.(It is not near my home). I have always found the stock to be of good quality and staff to be friendly and very helpful. Plant staff have gone out of their way to be helpful. Today, I was very disappointed. I was looking for a particular plant. I saw it in the work area (staff only). A man, obviously the boss was issuing orders to a member of staff in a sergeant major manner. I asked about the plants in the work area. He appeared to be annoyed that I had interrupted him. He wasn't interested, didn't want to help. It is clear that he regards his plants purely as commodities and has no concerns about helping the customer. In my opinion, he is fortunate that he has such quality staff otherwise, the place would shut quickly.

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 20 April 2021 via mobile

Took a trip to Kenyon Hall Farm and took the better half , we ordered afternoon tea (vegetarian) for two and sat in the Spring sunshine eating a veritable feast . The food was ordered online and was ready to collect without delay , very fresh and tasty .

Date of experience: April 2021