“nothing special”

Ranked #46 of 565 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant and bar offering great food, fine wine, gin, draft beer and afternoon tea. Also available for private events.
Reviewed 29 October 2018

a work college recommended this place to me about 2 weeks ago so i came in here with some friends to check it out, place looked ok from the outside abit dated on the inside good place for a function but there are better in the area id say this place attracts many ladies wanting to escape the hustle and bustle from the restaurants in the local area, good to try once but not much appeal to return

Date of visit: September 2018
mrsward2002, Owner at The Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Thank you for your review, we took over the restaurant as an existing business and have been gradually updating the interior, including a new flooring which has gone down on the ground floor today with the upstairs due to be done later in the month. As a small business, these changes cannot take place all at once but are an ongoing programme. I will message you to find out more about your visit so that we can improve in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Had a delightful first visit to this establishment very recently and could not fault it. The food was perfect and made us look forward very much to our next time. Recommended!

Date of visit: September 2018
Simon W, Owner at The Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you to The Courtyard again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

After my original baby shower venue being a massive disappointment, my mother in law suggested I tried here and I was pleasantly surprised! I decided to hire the upstairs room and have a buffet for my guests.

Simon and Louise were very accommodating and everything was discussed and agreed before the big day. On the morning of the baby shower we were allowed in early to decorate the room. The table had been placed in the centre of the room with a crisp white cloth and the chairs had a lovely white lace cover with pink bow attached. A large buffet table had been arranged in the side room with small vases filled with artificial flowers for an added touch. Nothing was too much trouble and we were able to hang banners, have balloons, confetti and bring our own table nibbles.

The buffet was amazing! All freshly prepared and homemade and there was plenty! It included a range of sandwiches, quiche, salad, sausage rolls, potato wedges, garlic bread and coleslaw and the veggies were also catered for by having halloumi salad and butternut squash quiche amongst other things. The bar downstairs is well stocked and has a wide range of soft drinks and alcohol and an all important good selection of gin!

I would definitely recommend this hidden gem for a baby shower/birthday/get together/special occasion etc. It is in the heart of Wombourne, set in a quaint little courtyard and run by really passionate people. Thank you once again for a wonderful day! I’ll be back soon :)

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Ella2308

Hi,

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We thoroughly enjoyed looking after your baby shower. We hope your guests all had a lovely time. Thank you for your kind comments about the buffet, our drinks selection and our passion for the business. It is much appreciated.

We hope you will be able to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

First time here & will definitely be coming back. Lovely atmosphere. Food was plentiful, piping hot & delicious. Staff very friendly. Definitely recommend!

1  Thank helenc319
Simon W, Owner at The Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your very kind review. We love serving Sunday lunch and are delighted you enjoyed lunch with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited The Courtyard on a few occasions now - Tapas night (April 2018), Beer Festival & BBQ (June 2018) and for lunch today (Aug 2018). I’ve thoroughly enjoyed each visit and would recommend this venue to anyone. The special events are great for a ‘different to the norm’ night out - the wines and food at tapas night were fabulous! I always appreciate good quality food made from scratch and the chefs do not disappoint in this area. My husband enjoyed the punchline brewery beer at the festival, and I enjoyed a really tasty, fresh and hot chicken burger from the BBQ. I visited again with a friend for lunch today, and again the food was lovely (chilli jacket for me and a chicken dish from mains menu for my friend). For great food and service in a lovely, charming location you can’t go wrong at The Courtyard.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank MrsMClanko

Hi Mel,

Thank you for your very kind review. We are delighted that you have managed to visit us for so many events and look forward to seeing you again soon. We love serving everyone in Wombourne and are so pleased you enjoy your visits. See you again soon.