“Rewarding Nalnutrition Avoidance”

Ranked #12 of 207 Restaurants in Yeovil
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Pen Mill Hotel is a well established business in the area that for the past 13 years under the same family ownership has been fast gaining a reputation for quality food and drink. Using local, independent suppliers wherever possible. In February 2014 we undertook an almost £200,000 refurbishment of the hotel bedrooms. This has now bought us above the local and indeed national average for quality in hotel rooms. Combine this with our ever popular bar and restaurant and you have a quality establishment that unlike many others has a personality with a family atmosphere!
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Bit hungry and partched after enforced shopping but happened on Pen Mill!
The triple carvery (beef, turkey & pork - skipped the beef) was excellent and help ourselves veg was also. The beverages on offer were equally good and associated service was fine, so too was the bill.

Date of visit: October 2018
penmillhotel07, Owner at PEN MILL HOTEL, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit, I'm more pleased we manged to help save you from Malnutrition. LOL

I hope you happen upon us again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Food just Ok, service just Ok as for the owners well self opinionated, bossy and rude and they are never wrong always somebody's else fault.

Date of visit: June 2018
4  Thank pikeybouy613

I heard another customer remark of you "what an absolute idiot" when they paid their bill with one of my staff. I couldn't possibly comment on that. They overheard several of your conversations that night.

You were upset because we, no, my bar staff wouldn't serve your underage son alcohol and I applaud them. They saved a several thousand pound fine for themselves and kept their job. They saved me a £15,000 to £20,000 fine and my licence! They saved the livelihood of almost 30 colleagues.

Why you've bought me into your review is beyond me. I didn't even speak to you on the evening you visited! Please know your facts before spouting off! I'm starting to agree with that other customer's comment here.

Now, you've had you paddy and thrown your toys out reviewing my business, I'll throw mine now. Never come to my licensed premises AGAIN (I plan on being here a lot more years yet). You are banned. Breaching a ban like this can lead to you being arrested and receiving your own fine. I have found your image online and will be adding you to our GDPR compliant Banned List.

As for the "self opinionated and never wrong"? I couldn't agree more. "Bossy and rude"? Possibly....... sometimes.

It bothers me not when you verbally attack me but please don't have a tantrum when you don't get your own way!

Thank you so much for reviewing the Pen Mill, although for some reason, I feel it is more like a personal attack about me than my business.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been before for a meal last year so we decided to go for our 29th wedding Anniversary last week we had a great meal and the staff were very friendly we also have a dog who was made welcome as well we look forward to going again next year

Date of visit: October 2018
penmillhotel07, Owner at PEN MILL HOTEL, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

It bothers me not if a customer visits us everyday, once a week or once a year. I am so pleased that you trust us to wine and dine you on such important occasions.

I honestly look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Fantastic stay !
Lovely decor
Really Friendly staff
Great food
Clean rooms
Great prices
Welcoming and cosy feel
Couldn’t fault our stay at all !
Thankyou for a lovely stay :)

Date of visit: October 2018

I am literally grinning from ear to ear reading this short but extremely sweet review. Thank you so much.

All of the hard work is so worth a review like yours.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Amazing family run pub with a great atmosphere with very friendly & helpful staff nothing was to much for them.

Excellent food very tasty & plenty of it so full when we left.

Highly recommended for all the family

Date of visit: July 2018

What am amazing review, a truly amazing review. Thank you.

I honestly look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Once again. Thank you.