“Late Lunch Was Great”

The Falcon
Ranked #20 of 212 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I have been here many times now both on my own and with family and friends. The last visit I took my teenage son for a late lunch. Being Easter week, it was busy but the bar was spotless and the service from the young man attentive and efficient. We both had the steak sandwich which I was very impressed with. The steak was a good cut of beef and not overcooked. We were both very pleased. Pricing is as expected except for the last visit when I was charged nearly £3 for a post-mix glass of coke for my Son. I can thoroughly recommend The Falcon, it is always spotlessly clean and the food is very good and cosistent.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We called in the Falcon for our lunch, we have been here many times before and this time I had the crispy beef salad, it was excellent, the portions were generous and we had no room left for pudding.
Excellent venue, good range of food, make sure you book as it does get busy.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We ate at The Falcon in February. This is a lovely country pub with character. Initially greeted and sat quickly. Then took a while to get any kind of attention to order drinks and food. The food was hot, very tasty and well presented. The atmosphere was good. Only slight downside was the difficulty in attracting attention for ordering other drinks, paying bill etc and the waiting staff

1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch today,never disappointed when we come here.
I had pan fried salmon which was absolutely perfect my husband had shoulder of lamb which he assured me was excellent
We both had deep fried Brie for starters was devine.
Definitely you should go out of your way to visit

Reviewed 31 March 2018

You know when you have followed a recommendation from a good friend and been disappointed, well "NOT HERE". From the front it looks good, but when you get in it's fantastic, loads of space, the walls have an array of pictures, the bar is well placed with plenty of space and a great range of drinks.
We went on "Good Friday" and thought we may struggle to get in, the car park was packed, but we had no need to worry. By the time our drinks were served we were on the way to our table, which was perfectly placed for us.
But the best is yet to come. The Menu offered an amazing range:-
Drinks while you wait.
Nibbles while you wait.
Pre-Starter menu.
Light Lunch menu.
Full lunch menu.
Lighter Children's menu.
ETC.
What ever you fancied was there and it was beautiful; served to perfection. The range of desserts was very comprehensive and ours were amazing.
There are other items to enjoy after dessert, but you can find out about them when you visit!
We will definitely be returning to "The Falcon", may take our friend with us as a treat?
Enjoy!