1,004 results
All reviews car park narrow entrance murder mystery newer part old building reception staff central location creaky floorboards executive room hotel is lovely eggs benedict church bells an upgrade wedding reception pubs and restaurants staff were excellent enjoyable stay
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this Hotel for an overnight stop. We arrived early evening and had to pay up front! The room was old fashioned and needed an update. Areas of the room dusty. We went to the bar for dinner. No barman, another guest called reception to ask for service! We ordered a meal, and it arrived without cutlery and salad cream instead of mayo!! Meal was disappointing.
Bar area was a bit outdated and tables not cleaned.
Breakfast was not really warm and I waited a while for my order of poached eggs.
Doors in the corridors had no soft close mechanism, so noisey when shutting. Walls thin and can hear next door?
All in all, not good value for money and wouldn't stay there again. Not the standard i would expect from Mecure.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank teajay
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear teajay,

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to read all of your comments we clearly failed on many levels to give you a great stay, I am so disappointed that on this occasion we did not meet our normal high levels of service and cleanliness.

Once again my most sincere apologies.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Very clean, "warm" and comfortable hotel, which "sends" your feelings to the 17th century.
Bathroom very clean. Everyday towel change. Very helpful and nice staff. I stayed for a week, in room 50 with a view to the inner garden.
The train station is at 20 min walk or a 7 min taxi ride.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear lulian O
I am really pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the history of the hotel, I will be certain to pass on your kind words abouit the team to them all. I do hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Once again many thanks

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Third time staying at this hotel As always the staff were friendly and welcoming. We were given an upgrade which was very nice. The hotel is walking distance from all shops, pubs and restaurants in the town centre.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
WhatleyHall, Front Office Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear 188mrg,

Thank you for your continuing to stay with us here at the Mercure Whately Hall. We appreciate your comments and enjoy hearing positive feedback about our staff. We will pass this on to our team and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Lawrence von Rumohr
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2018

As a female traveling alone this hotel is excellent. Staff were very attentive especially a chap called Youssef he made me feel very welcome, giving me information on places of interest and helping me out whenever I needed to ask a question. Food excellent and room very clean and comfortable. I will be staying again in the future

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank lesleyhumphreys1964
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback especially regarding our staff who take much pride in their work. I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at whately hotel was in new side room 130 very clean and comfortable. Had to keep window open because room was very warm. Can't comment on food because we didn't have breakfast. Very central to town would stay again

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we are sorry that you felt a little warm thought-out your stay. .

Michale Williams