“Chicken Wings!!!”
Review of The Old Auctioneer

The Old Auctioneer
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Auctioneer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 212 Restaurants in Banbury
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Wings are awesome! The fact you get BOGOF wings on a Sunday evening is an excuse to get up late, save cooking a roast and the pig out with a pint.

My son and I recently went for a holiday treat. We went for bbq wings and the new ‘gangnam style’, Korean inspired wings. He loved it (see photographic evidence) as did I. I think I’ll stick to the standard wings next time though as the new option didn’t pack quite the flavour punch the bbq and standard wings do. Not sure about tsatziki complementing the Korean marinade either?

Not tried too much else on the menu but believe most dishes to be of a decent standard. Certainly a good lunchtime family treat in Banbury. Kids meals are around a fiver and include dessert and drinks.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Not bad grub, caters mostly for hipsters, dirty burgers etc. We were a party of 16 and shoved alone in an upstairs room, so only atmosphere was of our own making. In fact after eating we went back to the hotel bar, as was more comfortable.

1  Thank Trudy C
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I've been to The Old Auctioneer a few times and felt it was time to write a review. It always has a nice atmosphere and always busy. Our friends live in Banbury and every time we visit them we always go there for their famous wings.

These wings are mouth wateringly delicious, just the right amount of sauce, amazing flavour! They remind me of buffalo wings you get when you go to America. They are served with a blue cheese dip and celery sticks. We also had the new Gangnam style wings which are Asian inspired and very good too.

My friends ordered the mixed tapas platter which had houmous, olives and hot bread...yum! I've not yet tried any other food from the menu as I always get drawn to the wings each time but my friends say the pizzas and steak are amazing too.

We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Reserved a table for birthday meal for 4 of us on my birthday. Enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was good. However, disappointed because there were promotion cards on the table clearly stating you get a complimentary bottle of prosecco if you book a birthday meal for a minimum of 4. When I politely enquired about this to the foreign waitress because we met all the criteria, I was just told no without any explanation. I even had evidence it was my birthday, should she have needed it. However, I am ?not one to push these things but I felt a bit disappointed!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Went for a meal recently. Group of 8. Food was brilliant and the service was great too.

Will be visiting again very soon :)