“Lovely shop with tea room upstairs ”

Hargreaves Edwardian Tea Rooms
Ranked #39 of 116 Restaurants in Buxton
Description: Situated on the first floor of our Department Store selling gifts and cookware is our beautiful Edwardian Tea Rooms. Relax in the peaceful setting browsing our antique displays of years gone by whilst enjoying teas, coffees, cakes, snacks and main meals.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A nice tea room with good cakes and lovely mirrored room.. can’t help thinking though it needs to be waitress service not queuing at the counter.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

I stopped here when visiting Buxton on business. The scones were delicious, very crumbly and baked just right. They came with some lovely jam and cream and the portion size was perfect. Lovely friendly staff and delicious orange hot chocolate! If I visit Buxton again I will definitely return!

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Edwardian hospitality was not on show here .
Visited Mon 12th March for a quick late afternoon cup of tea .
Instead of a Good Afternoon I was greeted by we close in five minutes to which I replied do I still have time to order some tea and cake . It was followed by we will start hoovering at 25 minutes too !!!!!!!
Oh you know what I think I’ll give it a miss
so I left to find that plenty of other Buxton Establishments were happy to serve me tea and cake .
The Edwardians would have been horrified at the lack of finesse and hospitality on offer .

Reviewed March 4, 2018

We came here for afternoon tea - what an utter disappointment.
Firstly, I didn't really like the tea rooms themselves. Very old-fashioned, but not in a good way; too much floweriness and cheap tat, but that is individual taste I suppose.
However, the food was abominable. The coffee was absolutely vile and doesn't even deserve to be called coffee. Having seen the large scones on display, I was disappointed to find a couple of tiny ones served as part of the afternoon tea. They were furthermore stale, as was the cake and the profiterole, which must have not long come out of a freezer judging by its consistency and temperature.
I really, really wish they didn't make you pay for the food in advance, because I would have refused to eat this afternoon tea, which is furthermore priced at the upper range of normal, and to pay.
I left feeling cheated and cross. What an utter disappointment. Avoid at all costs!

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Very nice food, service was fairly quick and very reasonable. Definitely a good spot to get a drink or something to eat whilst shopping.
Shop downstairs if the taste in design appeals to you