Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews swimming pool hot tub soft play hunters quay bar and grill active team play area kids entertainment premier caravan comfort lodge bedroom lodge shop on site great family break main building steam room chip shop half term
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2020 via mobile

My mother had owned a caravan at this site since 2015, since covid hit she has been struggling financially. She conceded she would need to sell her beloved caravan and approached the site sales manager to see if they could possibly do a deal, unfortunately she said they couldn't buy it because they couldn't resell it because of its age and advised my mum to contact finance company to use the take back clause which she done.

Finally she felt she was going to get back on her feet now she no longer has to pay site fees finance payments etc only to discover the caravan that couldn't be resold now on the holiday parks website for nearly 16 thousand pounds. 16 thousand pounds for a caravan that couldn't be resold, so in other words robbing a pensioner of much needed and personally I think due to her some cash back rather than buying off the finance company for very little and making huge profit at a pensioners expense.

So please if your thinking about purchasing a caravan from argyll holidays think long and hard about it so you don't get ripped off like my mother. They keep trying to silence me and hopefully they can't touch this honest review

3  Thank Alun S
Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

Great site, accommodation has everything you need. Very quiet given the size of the complex. Some of the lodges are dog friendly. Stunning views with easy walks all around. Coylet bar is well worth the short trip.

Reviewed 4 November 2020 via mobile

We stayed in the Jura 4 caravan, within Hunters Quay Holiday village and it had everything for a half-term staycation, for a family of 4 (kids aged 11 & 13).

The caravan park is surrounded by nature, equipped with several trails, to walk through the woods. If you venture out further, you can visit the coast, which is perfect for a day trip. There are parks nearby , that are wonderful for young children, too. Although there are restaurants nearby, we didn't visit any. We chose to be extra cautious, (due to Covid19) and prepared our own meals. There are supermarkets, such as a big Morrisons, and smaller local shops close by.

The caravan, itself, was equipped with a large living room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. The shower in the bathroom had a good drain, powerful pressure and a nice showerhead. The kitchen had everything you'll need to cook, (if you like) and enough plates, glasses and plenty of cutlery. There was one master bedroom and a smaller one, with two single beds, with hangers in the wardrobes.

The fridge was clean and big enough to put your own stuff in. The pots and pans that were here were clean. The fire place under the television looked and felt like it was an open fire, with changeable lights too.

I highly recommend this caravan park, as there's lots to do, not only on site, but around also and the caravan itself is very comfortable and cosy. Perfect for a family of four!

Reviewed 29 September 2020

Arrived for September weekend stay and we had booked a Jura Premier caravan as our favourite the Juniper was sold out.
On the morning of arrival I enquired at 9am to upgrade to oak lodge as was showing on website. Was advised by reception team they could not do this as I would have to wait till 10am and speak to reservations directly. Phoned reservations at 10am to be told just been sold.
So arrived at reception at 3pm and Jura not ready but will get a call so we went for a drink in outdoor decking area and waited and collected keys for our accommodation.
Initial thoughts were very poor ... blinds dirty, no table in lounge area, curtains fraying, outdoor decking full of cobwebs, fire place front loose, dirty cutlery, dirty glasses this was the worst I have seen these and we come regularly!
Spoke to housekeeping next day who promptly visited and I highlighted these issues was told this will be sorted when we are out for the day so we went quad biking and returned to find nothing had been done however we got a table for the lounge that was so small was not worth given us ! Where did the big table go ?
Carried on with our break which was mostly business and some family time.
Popped up to outdoor decking area for a quick drink in the sunshine and then it went downhill further....
Asked the waitress if possible if she could clean the table we wished to sit at and was told no I take your order first as we are too busy! Ok so ordered drinks then she returned to table and cleaned.
On our last night we had a reservation ( recommend you prebook ) thinking we will have a nice family dinner it got worse...
Arrived at our reserved table which was sticky , dirty and bits of food left by previous diners. We asked for table to be cleaned and the waitress cane over squirting liquid over myself and my family while cleaning table which I had to finish as she did such a hash job of it!
Anyway undeterred we ordered food started excellent haggis Bon Bonsais were really good! Then the main course cane for husband and I and I was disappointed with the spaghetti bolognese which was swimming in pasta water. Waited a further 20 min for sons pizza. I asked the waitress if she could ask the chef to heat my spaghetti and drain the water. Waitress came back and said chef says no and I was to chose something else! I did not want to wait further and declined. The mood of the waitress changed sour and we promptly asked for bill.
My husband said that he noted this change of mood and the waitress reply was yes that’s correct as I complained and that chef said spaghetti bolognese wis always watery ! Now I’m not sure if there was a language barrier as her English was broken but really ?!
Next day packed up and handed keys to reception who very kindly organised a late check out at 12 ( the reception team are just fab !)
The manager David asked to see me about the problems we experienced and escorted me away from check in to his office. I sat and frankly told him how disappointed we were on our break and offered to show him photos of our accommodation. He sat throughout typing in his laptop and at one point said perhaps I was looking at problems ! No firmly I replied and he said how busy they had been and not really had chance for deep cleans in accommodation which is a big thing for us and I’m sure for others during these COVID times.
I was offered a rather small credit to rebook Again as we are regulars but I left his office feeling I had just been sat with my headmaster at secondary school and was being told off !
We were looking to rebook for October but since arriving back home we decided we aren’t going to come back for a while and look for somewhere else to spend our breaks.
Overall we were really disappointed with the place the staff in restaurant and the GM and I hope they read this and ensure hygiene and good housekeeping are ramped up.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank tracytI2898WR
Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

Constant noise, kids screaming, dogs barking, cars constantly driving up and down on gravel roads, rental caravans on top of each other. If you value peace and quiet or privacy this is not the place for you, it’s more like a council estate with a view.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 565shauns