All reviews signature room lovely hotel refurbished hotel sea view free bottled water been refurbished recently excellent bar coffee machine breakfast room the lower ground floor modern bathroom huge bed good size stayed here for one night first morning bar area is a lovely stay
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderfully decorated in keeping with the building... Lovely clean rooms... Great views... The staff were really lovely especially the bar staff and the food was great. Highly recommended. Great base for seeing the Kent coast.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic stay. Great room and service. Very friendly staff and clean modern rooms.
The kids and my wife loved it. I highly recommend a stay here. Your right on the coastal path with the main town 10 mins walk. Just right!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The Hotel has been totally refurbished and looks great. It is right on the Leas with grassy walks and views of the Channel.

I visited the restaurant at lunchtime with my husband and three grandchildren. The menu didn't have anything anyone felt like eating, but the bar menu had a lot of tempting items. We ordered from that menu and the food was very good.

But the service was painfully slow. It took over an hour for the food to come, and that is far too long for young children. The menu was limited inasmuch as they didn't offer alternatives for people with allergies. We asked for sorbet instead of ice cream for an allergic child and they didn't have any or alternative suggestions.

To recap - it is a lovely Hotel in a beautiful situation. The bar menu is appealing and the food - when it arrives - is very good. It is certainly not the best place to take children, yet I believe we would have had a different experience had they not been with us. You really can't expect kids to sit as still as mice when they have to wait more than an hour for their food.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
George M, General Manager at View Hotel Folkestone, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Sue C,

Thank you for your review, your comments are very much appreciated and this feedback helps us to address issues and make improvements in all areas.

I am glad that you found the location to be ideal for you, and thank you for your kind comments regarding our refurbishment.

With regards to food service, there are a couple of factors which can cause slight delays; all of our food is prepared and cooked fresh from local, sustainable suppliers and due to popular demand, the restaurant and bar can become extremely busy at peak times, especially weekend lunch time.

Our menu's are changed seasonally and do contain choices suitable for a range of allergens. I apologise that you were unable to find something suitable. In regards to the ice cream replacement, I will be investigating this with the Kitchen team, as we do regularly have sorbet as an option.

We keep our website constantly up to date, with new menus available to browse as soon as they are released.

I hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Kind regards,

George Mellish
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We booked a signature room for two nights in March. It's location is just right for the town and the Leas, we also walked into Sandgate. The room was large and comfortable with an excellent view. The staff were all helpful and friendly. I really can't fault this hotel.

Room Tip: We chose a signature room, it had a great sea view. It was above the bar but there wasn't a noise problem.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alisonclarke110

Dear alisonclarke110,

Thank you for your great review, your comments are hugely appreciated.

I am delighted that you found the location to be ideal for your stay and that the room was comfortable for you.

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff, we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and, as a family run business, this is extremely important to us.

I hope that you visit us again soon, and look forward to welcoming you.

Kind regards,

George Mellish
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night in a family room. Enjoyable stay, room good size, nicely decorated and clean. Parking can be a problem as others have mentioned, had to park about 10 mins walk away.
Had a great nights sleep and nice breakfast the next morning.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family