Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$59
View deal
Booking.comUS$69
PricelineUS$69
Hotels.comUS$59
eDreamsUS$69
Orbitz.comUS$59
getaroom.comUS$77
All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant sea view lovely hotel small lift old victorian leas cliff hall breakfast staff pleasant stay an update bit dated one night stay town centre evening meal excellent value for money tea and coffee maj refurbishment
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2021

We booked this hotel pre COVID as part of our visit to the theatre. They were very understanding and helpful when our theatre visit was rescheduled twice. Staff responded quickly to any query and were very welcoming when we arrived. The hotel is in a great location, the room was a bit dated but it was very clean and understand they are going to be updated. Will definitely come back.

Date of stay: October 2021
neil lomas, Other at Best Western Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2021

Dear Guest
thank you for your review and the kind words of praise & support therein, these are very much appreciated

We will look forward tow welcoming you back in the future so you can see the new bedrooms and the changes we will be making
Once again, thanks for your review, it was a pleasure to read

Reviewed 22 October 2021

Lovely sea view room although it was a bit dated. Disappointed with the noisy restaurant for dinner. We were very near a noisy table and the general noise in the restaurant meant that dinner was not a relaxing experience. In hindsight we should have asked to be moved but the restauarant, being a Saturday was very busy. Food and pricing was good though.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and the kind words following your stay, we would have done our best to accommodate your wish to move tables in the restaurant had you spoken to us. In regards to the dated bedroom, we are shortly commencing with our delayed refurbishment whereupon all our bedrooms will be having a complete overhaul, so I hope you might consider returning in the new year when you can see the changes we will be making
Once again, thank you for your review, it has been really helpful

Reviewed 13 October 2021

Had a great time at hotel friendly staff room was good hotel is beautiful great location near everything we needed breakfast great choices and nice and hot will definitely stay again when our friends come

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
neil lomas, Other at Best Western Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2021

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback, this is very much appreciated. I am really pleased the celebrations were a success and that everyone enjoyed themselves-the birthday cake did look awesome :-)

We genuinely look forward tow welcoming you all back again when you manage to get together once more

Kindest regards

Reviewed 5 October 2021

Previous guest's towels left hanging behind bathroom door. Reported to reception. Towels still there when we left. Whole hotel has a tired run-down look. Winding narrow corridors that are tricky to navigate with a trolley case. Tiny one-person lift. Bar food reasonably priced.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
neil lomas, Other at Best Western Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2021

DEar Martin
Thank you for your review and I am sincerely sorry for what you encountered. I have a meeting with the housekeeping contractors and put into place additional procedures to ensure that this issue is not repeated . We are due to begin our delayed refurbishment very shortly, it should have commenced in April 2020 however, COVID forced the hotel to close so it wasn't possible to start this.
I hope you might consider visiting again in the future whereupon you will see the changes and improvements we will be undertaking
Once again, thank you for your feedback, it has been really useful
Kindest regards

Reviewed 2 October 2021 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend at the end of September. A lot has been done to energise and clean up Folmstone, so the stay was great. Hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. The big let down were the bar staff. I went down to order food from the bar, as no room service st night... and it was awful. wasnting gourmet, bu overt 20 odd quid for a plate of microwaved doritos with a bit of grated chese on top.and a piece of fish thrown between two slices of bread and calling it a sandwich was ridiculous. But it got worse. I ordered Bailys and when I got back to my room with my drink, I had found the bailys had curdled, it was clearly off. I took it down to show the barman, who point blank refused to acknowledge the drink was off. They eventually gave me an alternative drink, but astonishingly kept the bottle of bailys on the bar, insisting I was in the wrong. The bar staff rely let the place down.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Harj
Thank you for your feedback and I am genuinely sorry for the issues you encountered within the bar. I have to admit that this has caused me a concern as usually the bar team come in for a lot of praise, however, I will be discussing your feedback with them and reviewing our procedures to ensure situations such as this are negated
Once again, thank you for your feedback, it has been really helpful