Lowest prices for your stay
US$456
Free cancellation until 02/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$458
Hotels.comUS$458
CheapTicketsUS$458
Agoda.comUS$459
3,286 results
All reviews mansion house the main house afternoon tea wernher restaurant adams brasserie beautiful grounds stately home warren weir rock garden main restaurant molton brown toiletries special occasion beautiful hotel scones birthday treat steam room waiting staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021

It was glaringly obvious how short staffed they are.It is also a headless operation.
No one seems to be in charge.
Man restaurant - men in suits flapping around not really doing anything. Young obviously new staff trying their best but not being shown so get it wrong every time.
Orders missed.Wrong orders. Every meal was like a marathon to get order taken; food served etc.
Tables shared jokes about the service
Examples of extremely poor experience
Our stay was more Faulty Towers than Luton Hoo. We have been before. Sadly, we will have to see some good reviews before we come again
The bar area looked like a disaster scene at 10.30 pm. Empty bottles and glasses piled high.
Despite asking a young waiter not to come so close, and wear a mask, he kept on approaching us and other tables with total disregard to social distancing and mask wearing.
I am aware that staff are not easy to recruit. That is their problem. We paid for 5 star stay. This was woefully way below this.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christoph Kuehn, Other at Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

Good afternoon

I am sorry to learn that you have experienced below standard service during your last stay and I want to apopogise to your party.
If you would like to discuss your review in more details please kindly send us an email to enquiries@lutonhoo.co.uk

Reviewed 31 May 2021

The curtains didn’t shut which was horrible being woken up when the sun came up
Lights didn’t work in the dressing area, both spot lights and lamp.
The TV didn’t work.

We were told we could sit for a drink and some food but when we tried we were told we had to leave within 50 minutes

Good afternoon Mr Perry

Thank you for your review and I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced.
I have addressed your feedback with the relevant departments and I am grateful for brining these matters to our attention.

Reviewed 31 May 2021

This was a last minute booking to escape from reality a little bit and we can say we definitly did. Luton Hoo is an amazing place to relax.Staff members were lovely and very kind with a little fur baby.Thank you

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jonathan Brown, Other at Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

Good afternoon Mrs Micu

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are grateful to help you to escape from reality for a day.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2021

Our first visit was on my birthday at the end of last year. The stay was awful. We had booked 2 rooms and they had booked one room with an extra bed for me in a room with my sister and brother-in-law. The spa was awful and my massage was completely messed up. The service was also very poor in the restaurant and at breakfast. We complained and were offered a return visit with a promise that we would get the quality standard Luton Hoo promised to deliver. The second stay also failed to deliver. Breakfast was so bad several tables were complaining too. The spa created stress rather than calm. We had a drink served in a dirty glass and could not get a table for coffee. They gave me an upgraded room and my sister and brother-in-law a tiny room at the furthered end of the corridor. I complained to Operations Director Simon Willis who said in an email to me " I had hoped to restore your faith in Luton Hoo but, much to my regret, I do acknowledge that this has not been the case." I asked we received a refund at least for our drinks. The response was NO. It was unbelievable to have such a poor experience twice :(

Date of stay: May 2021
Jonathan Brown, Guest Services / Front Office at Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Dear JLYO

Thank you for your review of Luton Hoo.

Given the offline communication, it is disappointing you have chosen to share your comments on social media. That said, once again, I am very sorry that we have been unable to meet your service expectations and should you reconsider visiting in the future we will look forward to accommodating you once more.

Jonathan Brown
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2021

We found reception very helpful. Our keys were sent to the golf shop to be collected after our first game . Golf course in good condition. Unfortunately the weather was awful so we probably didn't appreciate how nice a course it is. Rooms huge lovely and clean and the beds so comfortable. Food very good service little slow but didn't bother us. Good choice at dinner and breakfast. The golf bar wasn't open which was a shame as we like a drink after our game and wasn't quite the same as we had to use adams brasserie and felt that the staff didn't really want to give us a table as they were laid up for dinner. Thought £19 bit over the top for 4 teas!! Overall lovely place and would love to go back when we have better weather.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jonathan Brown, Other at Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Dear gleedtimes2,

Thank you for your review.

I was glad to read your enjoyed your golf break and on a future visit I hope the weather is more for golf than swimming! In relation to our 19th Bar, this facility is still closed as the drinks service from a bar is not permitted under current government guidelines but this will be reviewed next month when we hope restrictions will be relaxed further.

Joanthan Brown