“First Class in every way”

The Old Ship Aground
Ranked #5 of 102 Restaurants in Minehead
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic Harbour side Pub Inn & Hotel. A landmark building with its history of hospitality going back over 100 years. Our atmospheric restaurant and pub food experience will be very much 'River Cottage' style with Seafood, Fresh Fish, Local Farm Produce, Seasonal ingredients, Carvery, Kids Menu Not forgetting Celiac gluten free, dairy free there is lots of choice. If we cannot grow it or raise it on our farm, you can be sure it is locally sourced and the very best of quality. From home smoked bacon to our own baked breads you won't go hungry. Alfresco eating with beautiful scenic views. Great Beers & Wines. Cosy in winter with a real fire. Completely refurbished during the summer of 2013
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Extended my visit due to the excellent service, food, accomodation, entertainment, and most especially the genuine hospitality extended to me by Julian and the entire crew of the Old Ship Aground. Many thanks to you all and I will definitely be visiting this excellent establishment again and would thoroughley recomend it to anyone without reservation.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

It was an evil night on Good Friday 2018. We were taking a break for Easter at Dunster and decided to eat out. This was 4th pub we visited (the other 3 weren’t serving or were too packed) and were about to give up. We were welcomed warmly and without exception all the staff were warm, friendly, smiling and served an excellent meal. We revisited in Easter Sunday for the amazing carvery which was the best we’d experienced. Well done everyone!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went for lunch at The Old Ship Aground on Easter Sunday with my daughter, her fiancé and his parents. Most of us had delicious roast meat from the carvery and there was an excellent selection of vegetables etc. to go with it. My daughter had a savoury tart which looked lovely too. The homemade desserts were scrumptious. It definitely exceeded my expectations and we all agreed that we loved the food, the warm welcome, the friendly atmosphere and the live music. Excellent value for money as well. I'm a trained chef and will certainly go again if I'm ever in the area.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stopped here after looking for somewhere to have a coffee whilst waiting for our vehicle to be looked at in Minehead, and what a blessing we did!

We arrived at 11.40am initially for just the coffees. The lady behind the bar said they didn't serve food until 12pm but if we wanted to eat there, she would bring the menus over then. We decided to stick around as the pub has a nice local feel to it, and most of the tables were reserved - always a good sign!

As promised, the menus were brought to us at 12pm. We decided to share a lamb burger and proceeded to order. When it arrived it had already been halved for us, which was a nice surprise. The food was delicious; succulent lamb, really good side order of proper chips and a great salad alongside the burger.

Super friendly staff who weren't intrusive (like lots of other eateries), but didn't hide away either.

All in all, we really cannot recommend this lovely pub enough!

If you ever find yourself stuck in Minehead for whatever reason, and want something a little more substantial than a McDonalds, head for this place, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We could not fault anything about this place and the fact that my little Annie (dog) was treated like a princess and was allowed every where with me . Everyone was so friendly the room was amazing the bed was so comfy and the food well it was top notch. I highly recommend to everyone .