“Great to find this hidden jem.”

Brewers Fayre Minehead
Ranked #6 of 26 Quick Bites in Minehead
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

How happy was I to see a very friendly welcoming pub, great atmosphere and good selection of food. Helen was so attentive and friendly nothing to much trouble.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (804)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked for a Sunday evening as the website stated there was an all day carvery, this was not the case, when we arrived we were told the carvery finished at 6pm. We decided to stay and eat and first ordered refill drinks. We were given our drinks but not told how to refill them and due to the Pandemic we assumed that the drinks would be brought to us when we asked. When it was time to ask for refills, after waiting some time to attract the notice of the waitress. we were told we needed to get our own and given instructions on where to find the machine.
I ordered the smothered chicken with chips, coleslaw, garlic bread and salad. All I can say is it was extremely disappointing, the chicken was not a breast, it was a fillet and a large part of it was gristle, it was overcooked and definitely not smothered, it had a tiny piece of bacon with hardly any BBQ sauce and you couldn't even taste the cheese. I had about 15 chips, the salad was poor and the garlic bread was hard and again overcooked. I would normally complain - as others did whilst I was there, but I was using my Blue Light Card for NHS staff so didn't really want to complain when I was getting 25% off.
After such a poor meal I thought a dessert would make up for it a little, I had the chocolate and hazelnut bomb, which was £5.49. When it arrived I was shocked, it was no bigger than a profiterole and on cutting it in half I was disappointed to see it was chocolate ice-cream inside, not chocolate mousse as advertised. I was so annoyed at this point, as I don't eat ice-cream, that I asked for the money to be taken off the bill for the dessert, that I didn't even taste, and to be fair the Manager completely agreed with me that it was more like ice cream and not as described and she agreed to the refund. When the bill eventually came the money had not been taken off and I had to ask again and they gave me the cash.
The toilets were clean but only one dispenser out of three had hand-wash in it, in these times it is extremely important to have wash facilities at all times.
Not at any point during the meal were we asked if everything was okay or if we were enjoying our meal. The length of time we waited for our meal was also unacceptable.
I do not leave bad reviews unless it is justified, this is an honest review of my experience. On leaving the restaurant I had to spend more.money and buy a bag of chips as I was so hungry. This Brewers Fayre needs a lot of work, staff looked very unhappy working there and this caused us to feel uncomfortable, there was no interaction and even talking to us and taking our orders seemed too much work for the waitress. Our meal here turned out to be a very bad experience for the last evening of our holiday.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a lovely experience!!
Minehead Brewers Fayre is probably the best one ever (we have been to a few).
Food was tasty, fresh, hot.
Service, second to none (your waitresses & barsfff are brilliant)….. friendly and welcoming and engaging..(you know who you are)… nothing is too much.
We’ve had breakfast, lunch & dinner and the odd ice cream in between ..all of which has been scrumptious. The Cadbury nibbles sundae has been a winner!!
Thank you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked here for 2 adults and 2 children, the earliest table we could get was 8.15pm.

The staff were friendly enough, was seated at a table and although there were other tables empty in the restaurant another table was put on the table immediately next to us.

When we were seated were were told our waitress would be over shortly to let us know what had run out and to take our order.

A few minutes later we were asked what drinks we wanted and were we ready to order. We said we needed to know what wasn’t available thinking it was one or two things, but there was a really long list of unavailable items including strange things like corn on the cob and nachos.

Everyone else’s meal was fine but I had the lasagna. Having been on holiday for a week we had been eating all sorts of rubbish and had no adverse side effects. Within 20 minutes of eating this lasagna my stomach was turned inside out - the lasagna was so greasy. Three Imodium later it held it at bay, but another evacuation happened 2 hours later. In defence of the food, everything else was fine, it was just the lasagna that was swimming in grease.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived at 7.55pm for a
Booking at 8pm we had to call
Someone over at 8.20
To take
Our order there was only 4 tables in use at this time we
Ordered our food woman who took
Order was lovely, we then waited 50 minutes for drinks the food came
Out after 40 minutes, we had four mixed grills and kids meals all the chips were cold steak was cold and not worth the money I would
Not recommend