“Worst meal I’ve ever had”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #26 of 70 Quick Bites in Scarborough
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Plough Inn and Fun Farm at Lebberston offers fantastic indoor soft play facilities for all children. Serving homemade food and fresh Sunday carvery every week. With a newly refurbished adult lounge showing sky sports and a large dining area for all the family.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came on a Sunday so it was the carvery on offer and my god was it disgusting, barely edible, everything very undercooked and had a very odd taste which I think was the gravy, my children didn’t even want to eat it and I can’t say I blame them. I can’t comment on the rest of the menu but I really wouldn’t recommend the carvery. We were so disappointed when we left, down £30 odd quid and left even more hungry!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (373)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been here today and have to say it wasn't good...but I suppose you get what you pay for. The burger was dry as a bone and my sons lasagne smelt of gone off meat. Whilst waiting for a drink a lady went up to the bar with a hard piece of something that her child had nearly ate. The young staff don't seem bothered either...just a case of it is what it is......love! (bar mans favourite saying) There's no way I'd go again.....spent the extra £20 and go to the bull down the road. I'm not a fan of bad reviews but this is deserved I'm afraid.

Reviewed 15 August 2021

Well came for a lovely family Sunday carvery and well how disappointed was we... all the veg was hard cauliflower cheese was dry no sauce and the roast potatoes well that's another story getting served burnt potatoes all the way through mash was instan mash and the gravy was so watery... won't be coming back in a hurry

Reviewed 15 August 2021

I have visited the plough again for around the 3-4th time in the last few weeks. The food was great just had the Carvery. There was a large queue but rightly so for the food it’s dishing out, me and my family cannot complain.

James and John were serving the food I believe, these are good hard working guys.

See you in a few weeks.

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Disappointing to say the least.

Visited last October and we have it 5 star
Today I am loathed to give even 1 (it’s not even that good)

The “buffet” food was terrible

Two of our party had steak pie and it can best be described as tinned meat with cardboard pastry and gravy.
The steak (was OK) but at almost £20 it leaves a sour taste in the mouth as the accompanying side chips were frozen pieces of card.

The gammon was not bad, but again, had been paired with beige pieces of cardboard cut into chip shapes. The garden peas were (possibly) once peas but had lost their colour oh and taste.

In today’s day and age, having ketchup sachets that are cheap and unbranded seems ok at first glance but when you open them the red water like substance that comes out was questionable at best.

Sadly the new owners have a lot to look back on and think …….. where have they gone wrong.
Shame!!!!!!!