6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$89
View deal
Booking.comUS$95
Hotels.comUS$89
Official Hotel SiteUS$107
PricelineUS$95
TravelocityUS$89
CheapTicketsUS$89
All reviews north bay shearings coach sea view every evening weekend break single room breakfast and dinner bingo
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked here last minute as I was going to a concert at the the Open Air Theatre. It was a 15 minute walk away. I stayed in a single room on the second floor which was small but perfectly good for my needs - very clean and comfortable room and bathroom. I was at the back of the hotel with a view overlooking the beautiful church yard and could see the South Bay.
It’s worth knowing that the street parking is nearby and the hotel offers permits at an excellent rate - don’t spend money on the car parks.
Hotel reception friendly and helpful - even sent me something small I left behind in the room at no cost!
I didn’t dine or have breakfast so I can’t comment on food or the communal areas.
I found it a little pricey for a 3 star hotel which, although the rooms seem to have been recently refurbished, is a little dated BUT it really is in a fantastic location, the staff are excellent and it was a comfortable night’s stay.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled solo
Laurie Simpson, General Manager at Norbreck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thankyou so much for posting your review, we have become a bit of a hub recently for the open air theatre crowd, it's great to know that after a sell out concert you're only a 10 minute walk away from a comfortable bed and views to die for!
I will pass your comments onto the team who will be thrilled they have got a mention.
we look forward to welcoming you back next time, hopefully we'll see you sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 9 September 2021

I chose this hotel because of the fabulous views, from our room and the dining room and wasn't disappointed. But of course that meant it was very hilly, so not suitable for unfit seniors! The bus and train station were a 20 minute walk (at our pace) so it meant we spent most of our time walking or taking the bus, The car park was very small and narrow and we had to reverse down a long driveway so we did not take the car. Our room was disappointing, very small with damp on two walls. We did ask to change but the hotel was full so not possible. The hot water was not hot enough especially mornings.The food was not great, mostly the main course, starters and desserts usually very good. Updating needed in the reception and bar areas and also the hallways but our bedroom was clean and modern, the bathroom needed attention though.

Room tip: Probably the first floor but not sure.
Date of stay: August 2021
Laurie Simpson, General Manager at Norbreck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thankyou for your review and you'll be pleased to know that as the quieter months approach this will be a period of investment where we target the rooms, corridors and public areas for a general spruce up. I'm sure you'll be delighted with the result should you choose to return.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2021

Visited this establishment on September 7th for our mum's wake.
The food was of a very high standard and surroundings made beautiful.
The team ensured that we had hot and cold drinks provided when we arrived. They allowed us space and time to celebrate our mum's life nothing was to much trouble.
Thank-you to the General Manager and his team for a truly lovely experience.
The views from the restaurant are absolutely superb.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thankyou for your review, We have started to utilise the wonderful views from our restaurant and are now booking events from wakes to Christenings. We are so glad that although this was one of the the first of our events, no one left disappointed.

Reviewed 4 September 2021 via mobile

Location was perfect, views from front door were picturesque, however the rest of the stay was below average. Our room was situated at the top of the stairs that made a loud banging sound whenever someone passed through it. Walls are paper thin, we were woken up both mornings before 7am (not my kind of holiday) by people talking in corridors outside the room. The room was dire with water damaged walls and cracks throughout, dust everywhere and stained curtains. Breakfast was barely edible and cold. I can only imagine this hotel is still running because of it’s location as there is nothing else there worth paying the shocking £100 pn charge. Will not be returning!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Laurie Simpson, General Manager at Norbreck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

It's sad to read that you didn't enjoy your stay, we will investigate the stained curtains which is unacceptable. I did note that there was no other mention of a cold breakfast, our breakfast is kept hot during service on chaffing dishes, perhaps if this matter had been raised at the time we could have investigated fully and rectified any issues.
We wish you well on your future travels

Reviewed 26 August 2021

Just returned from 2 days in Scarborough and had a cracking time. We stayed at the Norbreck Hotel and I can't thank the staff enough for their welcoming attitude from start to finish. The reception staff were great and always on hand to help. The Bar Manager herself made my daughters evening and involved herself in the evenings entertainment, something appreciated by all and very funny. The restaurant and bar staff were also great, for example when my daughter asked for a hot chocolate but no cream available, they got the chef to whip up some fresh cream for her, that's the lengths this Hotel will go to for their guests.

In all, I would have no doubt in recommending this hotel to others, I will certainly be returning there next year put it that way!

S Fairham

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thankyou for a lovely commentary on your stay with us.
It's especially pleasing when staff are seen to go that extra mile when attending to our guests, praise well deserved indeed.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.