Lowest prices for your stay
US$93
Free cancellation until 27/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$93
Expedia.comUS$93
Lol.travelUS$97
2,169 results
All reviews club room swimming pool legoland package leisure facilities visiting legoland two double beds buffet style booked this hotel car parking stayed for one night yogurt windsor motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here after a trip to Legoland.

3 adults 2 5yr old & 2yr old.

Check in was fine we had two rooms which they stated they had managed to get as close to each other as possible.

I was asked if I wanted to book a table
In the restaurant as it gets busy so I opted for 630. The children would be fed and ready for bed by 730.

630 came and we where seated at a table in the bar for four. The table was tiny and we struggled to fit. I asked to be moved and the waiter stated I should have booked a table for the resteraunt and it was basically that or nothing. I explained I had booked a table which he replied he wasn’t aware?! (Even though he had just seated us after I had said I’d booked a table?!)

We were moved to the resteraunt area but was sat tucked round a corner and invisible to everyone. We waited a long time for drinks, and was forced to find a waiter to double check it was table service. She confirmed it was table service and that she’ll be round in a minute. She took our drinks order and came back with them shortly after. 3 waters for the children which they complained was warm and they where! Two wines and a Malibu and coke which was completely flat!

We ordered our food. 3 pizzas for the children, 2 lasagnes and a burger.

We waited over 30 minutes for our food, baring in mind the resteraunt was pretty empty! At that point I again had to find a waiter who said the food would be another 20-30 minutes. I said this was unacceptable and the children where really hungry! 3 pizzas does not take 60 minutes to cook! Our food came out and surprise surprise it was stone cold! The pizzas which were obviously frozen and not home made just cold and soggy, the lasagne was cold and the burger was cold! We had no choice but to send the food back! At this point the children where really upset. The manager of the bar area was very rude! In his words he said “what do you want me to do about it?!” I think it’s obvious what to do when you serve cold food?! - it was almost like he was expecting us to put up with it and eat it?

The food was taken away very begrudgingly!

At that point we had also witnessed a family being seated at a table where a couple had just left from. Dirty plates/cutlery and wine glasses where still on the table at the point of the family being seated. The waitress said she would get it cleaned! There was no thought around Covid and ensuring the table was covid clean etc. Disgusting!!!!

I was not happy with this nor how the man had dealt with the situation so I tried to find someone more senior to resolve the problem. In the bar I approached a man who said he was the deputy manager as the manager of the hotel was at home?!?!

I explained what had happened so far and at this point it was 745! We still had not eaten and the children where really upset! He said that they had bought us food which I replied to say it was cold and un-edible’ I said I would not be paying for this. He then questioned wether money was the issue? “If money is a problem then don’t pay” I was so insulted standing there in front of other guests.

I explained to him that this hotel promotes itself
to be a family stop over from Legoland visits! It wasn’t family friendly at all! It felt like we were a nuisance to them!! At this point he lacked empathy,
sympathy and management skills I asked for the pizzas to be sent to the room as the children needed to get ready for bed! They couldn’t sit at the table any longer!

The food arrived another 20 minutes later to the room!

Don’t believe the photos you see! They are very very old!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Ashish Jha, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Chloe B
I was extremely concerned to read your comments and apologise for the evident disappointment in our restaurant during your recent stay. I am forwarding your e-mail on to our Food & Beverage Manager for his urgent attention.
I do not excuse myself or any of my team, I do understand however that we were in a challenging situation for the first few days but happily stability has now returned. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some stage when I am sure you will find us much improved.
With renewed apologies and kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a long day at Legoland we decided to stop over at the Copthorne hotel, this was a pre booked trip that we was all really looking forward to. Unfortunately it didn’t live up to our standards!

We’d booked to have dinner in the hotel restaurant at 6.30pm. All 6 of us was seated around a table just about big enough for 4 people. When we asked the restaurant manager if we could move table to have more space we was told they was too busy and we should have booked. After the manager realising we had booked we was moved into a different part of the restaurant that wasn’t busy at all! We ordered food and drink, the drinks arrived 20 mins later warm and flat, but seeing as we’d waited so long we decided to shut up and put up... we waited another 20 minutes and still hadn’t received our food, so we queried with the waitress only to be told that they was very busy and it would be another 20minutes! Our kids were starving by this point and it was getting later and later. After yet another 20 minutes the food arrived, but it was inedible, the children’s pizzas (which were definitely frozen pizzas) were cold and rubbery! We sent them back to be told we would have to wait even longer! When we approached the hotel manager we was greeted with a very rude response, after us telling him we wouldn’t be paying for the food he then questioned if that was the issue in the first place and he implied that we couldn’t afford to pay! The other staff wasn’t much help either and proceeded to make excuses as to why their was such poor service! We eventually ate at 8.30pm in our room.

The cleanliness of the restaurant was awful. Families were being sat at tables with dirty cutlery and plates from the previous diners. We didn’t once see a table wiped down or cleaned! The hotel states in various locations that it’s number 1 priority is maintaining a top standard of cleanliness, this is an utter lie! You would think that what with COVID-19 they would want to keep their hotel/restaurant as clean and sanitised as possible.

I am very dissatisfied and disappointed with our stay at this hotel. We certainly won’t be coming back!

SHAME ON YOU COPTHORN HOTEL!

Date of stay: May 2021

Dear Hattie,
It was extremely disappointing to read your comments which mirror those of another guest published on these pages. I have taken all mentions of our Food & Beverage service on this particular night very seriously indeed and will be speaking with the Manager of that department to understand fully how these issues evolved.
With renewed apologies and kind regards
General l Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having not had a holiday for 4 years we were excited to take our children away for a Legoland adventure. Sadly we were very disappointed by the hotel and the pictures on their website are obviously old! Whilst the staff are very helpful and friendly the hotel is very tired and dated and the breakfast/food is not great, we didn’t even stay for breakfast on our second morning. Even a cup of tea tasted of scaley water. We definitely won’t be returning to this hotel.

Room tip: Don’t stay here
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Ashish Jha, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to place your review. I am so sorry that your stay was less than perfect and you were not happy with our breakfast offering. I would have wished that you had made your feelings known to your server so that we could have rescued the situation before you checked out, ensuring that you left us with a favourable impression so that you might then have considered staying with us again.
With my kindest regards and renewed apologies

Reviewed 1 April 2021

On behalf of Royal Berkshire Fire & Rescue Service I want to give a big thank you to the staff at the Copthorne and leave a well deserved review.

I have booked the Copthorne Hotel many times for various work functions, from accommodation to events and they have always provided a fantastic service. Since the start of the year, we have required accommodation for individuals within the Service and they have always been attentive, responsive and flexible with our needs.

In particular, big thank you to Chris and Dinesh who have always been friendly, keen to help and on hand to help whenever needed!

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Ashish Jha, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2021

Dear JamespinchinRBFRS
Thank you very much indeed for your great review which gave us great pleasure to read. I will forward your comments on to all my team and particularly to Chris and Dinesh. Thank you to all of you at the Royal Berkshire Fire & Rescue Service and we will look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.
With kindest regards and my very best wishes

Reviewed 1 April 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for on night during lockdown and working in Windsor. The hotel is 5 minutes off the M4 and 10 minutes from Windsor unfortunately non of the many facilities were open. Very covid safe and will definitely stay again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank 784mickb

Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for your positive review which gave us great pleasure to read. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.
With kindest regards and my very best wishes