“A great find”

Ranked #2 of 515 Restaurants in Colchester
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Parking: Car park Price range ££ Specialties Serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks and coffee Services Takes bookings Walk-ins welcome Good for groups or parties Good for children Catering Table service Outdoor seating
Reviewed 24 October 2021 via mobile

Second time here and both times have been excellent. Even though they have been really busy, service is quick and friendly but you don’t feel hurried. Good and reasonably priced food and lots of it. We will go back whenever we are that way. Can’t fault it.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (942)

Reviewed 22 October 2021 via mobile

Myself and my friends all went for our monthly catch up, and I’m so happy that we’ve found this place, food is always on point, service is second to none. I went for the mixed grill and it was delicious. Although I was a little bit disappointed that they have taken the wings off of the menu as myself and some of my party was looking forward to them all week having spoken about them daily in the group chat. But apart from that I’d still give this place a 10/10

1  Thank 933alfiea
Reviewed 19 October 2021 via mobile

Under new management and the food was delicious. Sat outside with a large group of friends and the staff put 2 tables together. The place was full, the car park completely full, but the service wasn't at all slow. Food was really good, had Dover sole and a brownie, both delicious. Others said there food was equally as good... would definitely go again

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank Katharine M
Reviewed 16 October 2021 via mobile

We went last night there were four of us the restaurant was busy and full of customers , the service was lovely drinks arrive quickly . Menus were on table ready for us there was so much to choose from it all looked so good , we ordered and I do not eat peas and was offered and veg I like to replace it which was great . Food arrived very quickly and every dish was so well presented and wonderful .
We do not live local but would say to everyone to go there ,great menus, choice , service and value .
Well done to everyone .
God Bless

1  Thank honestdoug1
Reviewed 15 October 2021 via mobile

We had a really lovely meal on our first visit to this pub. The food was fantastic and the staff were very friendly with great service. Definitely a place to return to for another amazing meal.

2  Thank jennymK8553BP