“Enjoyable experience”

The Earl Of Strafford
Ranked #22 of 349 Restaurants in Rotherham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional home cooked food, bar, celebration venue for birthdays, wedding anniversaries, work meetings, weddings and funerals, live music, extensive drinks menu. Function room available
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Saturday 30th June 2018
First time visit, excellent food, first class efficient and professional service from Amy. I will look forward to our next visit.

From Mrs B. Lamkin and friends.

2  Thank Spike U
Aaron S, Owner at The Earl Of Strafford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Hello Mrs Lamkin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and I’ll cdrtainly pass your comments onto Amy.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

I tried the braised beef in a Yorkshire pudding, I was amazed at the size of it, definatley will be returning. Our waitress Kira helped us when we were sending her back and forth for multiple things and she was still as kind as ever to us.

2  Thank suelovell2018
Aaron S, Owner at The Earl Of Strafford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Hi Sue. Thank you for the kind review. I’m very please you enjoyed your visit with us and I’ll pass your comments onto the team. Kind regards

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Visited today party of three for late lunch...I chose chilli con carni with basmati rice could not have chosen better- best meal out I’ve had in ages well done Daniel perfection will be back for more.....

1  Thank sc1127

Hello.

Thank you for the kind review. It certainly is a great dish. It’s being revamped also in two weeks time.

Hope to see you again very soon and I’ve passed your comments into our chef Dan.

Aaron

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Visited today on the spur of the moment for ‘a bit of lunch’ and ended up with 3 courses and coffee! Food was delicious and the staff were lovely - Julie especially made us feel welcome and was very helpful when it came to ordering our food (some of us were a little picky). The place is lovely and clean, the service was great and we weren’t rushed through our courses nor were we sat waiting for too long either. Will definitely be visiting again (and again!)

Oh and the Bread & Butter pudding is delicious.

2  Thank JenLove14

Hi Jen. Thanks for the great review. Julie is a star! Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here a number of times and always enjoyed it but this is the first visit in a long time. The place itself is lovely and the staff couldn’t be friendlier. We were greeted by a lovely lady (Julie) and she was so helpful and accommodating. The food was amazing, what started out as a bit of a spontaneous bite to eat out ended up as a 3 course meal and a coffee to follow. My sister and cousin are notoriously picky/fussy but no request was too much. We all opted for salads (as it was a glorious day) and each one was well presented and the meat/fish that came with it was lovely. We all agreed it won’t be our last visit. The outside seating at the front was an added bonus as it’s a little sun trap, so after dinner we even managed to work on our tans

2  Thank MrsB2308

Hello thank you for your kind review. I’ve passed this into Julie and I’m ever so please your enjoyed your visit.

Hope to see you again soon.