All reviews dvd player ladies night spa facilities steam room hen party groupon deal pool and sauna trouser press great night evening meal both mornings food was lovely fish and chips plenty of choice short break enjoyable stay stayed for one night
Reviewed 31 December 2018 via mobile

This hotel isn’t the prettiest from the outside but is much better inside. We liked the pool/sauna facilities, it was all very clean and maintained. The bar had good atmosphere and food and drinks were good. We had a good wowcher weekend just bar hopping and shopping in Sheffield which was easily accessible from Rotherham centre which is a 15 min walk from the hotel. Things to improve would be the bed was very soft and had big dips in the mattress so my partner didn’t sleep great. Although the gym had quite a few cardio machines, there was nothing in the way of weights or lifting but that’s down to our personal gym preferences. The final little thing is that on Sunday morning the hot breakfast was a buffet so you could have as much as you wanted but on Monday it was served after your order was taken. Of course this is because there are far less guests to serve on a Monday than Sunday but when I asked for extra beans as I don’t eat meat I was refused and told I was only allowed the tiny pot that I was served. It wasn’t an unreasonable request so don’t know why it was refused. A few blips but otherwise a good weekend

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2018 via mobile

I attended the Xmas Day lunch with family and have to say I was not disappointed. Bearing in mind that this was a big numbers event for many families the food and service were absolutely on point. I would thoroughly recommend and will definitely be returning with family/ friends in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

We were at an event here last night with lots of friends. The room was big, staff were very friendly and the food was amazing! Even my daughter who is Coeliac and usually struggles for food in venues manage to have chicken nuggets and chips. The buffet we had was steak pie, roast potatoes and mushy peas. The breakfast was also very good with lots of choice and again daughter managed to have freshly made HF pancakes. It was all great great food. The hotel room was also very spacious and felt very opulent in it’s decor. The spa facilities were suitable although the pool water was a tad cool and there was no extractor in the changing room so because the shower water pressure was so high there was a lot of steam created and it became like a steam room in there. Also the whole of the floor was wet as there was nowhere for the excess water to drain after using the pool/shower etc. I Would highly recommend staying here though, especially if you are having an event or going to one of their many organised nights.

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

Our top floor room was clean, quiet and comfortable, with nice views across playing fields. The staff were all friendly and our tasty breakfast was cooked to order for us. We will return when we are in the area.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

We had booked in for Christmas dinner at the Carlton Park Hotel. We parked round the back of the hotel to see what looked like one of the chefs puffing on a cigarette. Lovely.

Service at the bar was atrocious. There was one woman serving at the bar and she was painfully slow. Then, when she did finally serve me, she was bemoaning the lack of help from her colleagues. Just what you want to hear on Christmas Day. To cap it off, one of the glasses was absolutely filthy and covered in lipstick.

The waiting staff were just as miserable. Not so much as a 'Merry Christmas'. The food was bog average, bordering on pretty poor if I'm honest.

To get over what was a pretty pathetic experience we've all been out for another meal since. The difference in attitude, customer service and quality of food was stark.

We chatted to another party and they too thought it was all vastly overrated rubbish.

Nope. We won't be back in a hurry.