Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
1,084 results
All reviews burghley house lovely hotel the ground floor white company toiletries luxury room large car park eggs benedict two night stay wedding venue enjoyable stay breakfast was excellent large room old building wedding reception stayed here for two nights roll top bath busy road
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2021 via mobile

We had a private room at the William Cecil yesterday for my 30th birthday. We had afternoon tea as a family and we had the best experience, the staff made everything! They were so friendly and checked on us regularly to make sure we had everything, nothing was too much trouble. I’m also coeliac so had my own afternoon tea which was lovely! Thank you again, we’ll be back soon!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2021

WE have stayed here earlier this year. It is nice to find that the standards have remained very high despite the difficulties of running any business these days. All staff very friendly and helpful and service is exemplary. Breakfast and dinner both excellent and a good choice reasonably priced wines.

1  Thank 621gillianw
Jonathan Scoble, General Manager at The William Cecil at Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2021

Dear 621gillianw,

Thank you so much for taking the write a review for us at The William Cecil Hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do come again.

Reviewed 3 October 2021

There isnt much else i can say really.
Came here as a birthday treat for my partner and everything about this place has been perfect and to the highest standard.

The room was so beautiful and wonderful and my partner was made to feel as wonderfully special as she truly is.

There was a roll top bath in the room which was amazing and the bed was sooo confortable.

The food was some of the best I've ever eaten. its all high quality produce cooked perfectly but the best thing about this hotel and restaurant is the staff. Johnathan and his team could not have been more accomodating. Even with a few hiccups which were explained clearly and handled perfectly and did not intrude on our stay at all.
Ive worked in the hospitality industry for ages so understand how hard this team are working and appreciate their passion and dedication from every one of them.

This is one of the friendliest and best places ive been too and can't recommend it more.

If you want to see how a hospitality business is run right, then come here. you couldnt find anywhere else better. And yes it is a bit more expensive than most places but you get what you pay for and with regards to the William cecil you get a whole lot more than you pay for.

I've stayed at far more expensive places and never had the level, quality and standard of service you get here.

This is not a personal review for me ive never been here before or do I know anyone who works here.

This is just a genuine appreciation of work well done.

Thank you so much for making my special someones special day the best.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Chinho101,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review. I was so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at The William Cecil. We certainly enjoyed having you. Your kind words bought a smile to my face.

Reviewed 1 October 2021

3 rd time I have stayed the staff are all very good and attentive .only had breakfast at the hotel ate out in Stamford to get to know the place but food very good. Rooms i have stayed in are all good very clean.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear C5062MIerics,

Reviewed 30 September 2021

We had the last room which had difficult access but was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff were superb. They were warm and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The emphasis at dinner was on quality not quantity and at breakfast cooked food was prepared to order. The hotel also has ample parking space - a 'plus' for Stamford.

Room tip: Avoid the very top floor.
Date of stay: September 2021