“Amazing quality and food ”
Review of Frankie and Bennys

Frankie and Bennys
Ranked #118 of 234 Restaurants in Sutton Coldfield
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I came here today for a meal and couldn’t fault from start to finish . The food is delicious and also the service with the staff are so polite and really helpful . Deffo go again

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We dine here as a family all the time, but since before Christmas we noticed at how slow the service was becoming, to the point where our food would be sat on the counter and would be tepid at best when served. The manager is incredibly unfriendly, there is no point saying anything to her so I have resorted to leaving a review here as our last visit took the biscuit! We had booked a table, for Wednesday at 6. The restaurant was more than half empty, yet we still waited to be seated for about 10 mins, we could see as soon as we arrived that they were short staffed with 2/3 people serving. Once seated, I ordered my drink straight away (get in there quick otherwise you’ll be waiting a lifetime) and my husband said he wanted to look at the drinks menu. My drink arrived fairly quickly but the waitress just plonked it on our table whilst rushing past. Not giving my husband time to place his drinks order, when she walked past again, he tried to get her attention but she’s said she would be with him in 2 minutes. 20 minutes later she arrived, with no apology but we could see she’s was rushed off her feet. By this time, we already knew what we were ordering for food so as well. My husbands drink arrived with the starters - 25 minutes later. We said nothing and ate are slightly cold starters. Our mains took a further 40 minutes and were sat on the counter for at least 15 minutes, so were fairly cold by the time we ate them (not unusual for this restaurant). My husband had ordered another drink with the mains, which the waitress bought over towards the end of our meal. Knowing we had to be home to get our son to bed (as it was way past his bedtime at this point), we asked for the bill as soon as we had finished eating and even got our card out to indicate a card machine would be needed. The waitress took a further 20 mins to bring our bill to us, without card machine and when my husband asked if he could pay on the card she made a snide remark about not having the card machine attached to her. Another 10 minutes and we were able to pay. We spent nearly 3 hours in F&B’s for what should have been an hour to an hour and half meal. No apology. THe food is nice but the service and waiting time is atrocious. Sort yourselves out Frankie and Bennys.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Food was lovely here but it takes the staff way too long to come over and just standing around the kitchen bar..even when it was just me two other friends n a couple in the restaurant.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Iv been dining at Frankies for years and have always considered it a good gaff but iv dined here twice in 6 months, once for breakfast and tonight for dinner and the place has nose dived.
Firstly, being Valentine’s Day I thought they’d be busy so I called to ask if a table was available and was told “it’s doubtful”. None the less a table was found and we arrived at 5:15pm. The place was deserted but I figured it’s still early.
Meatball Italiano used to be a firm favourite but the meatballs have shrunk to less than half their size and seem really flavourless. The sauce they were in was really watery and just blah! Tinned tomato at best.
Ordered the mixed grill which had steak, chicken breast and ribs. Everything was overdone and rubbery. Only had one onion ring and 2 button mushrooms.. this is the most expensive dish on the menu so I expected it to be loaded but sides and accompaniments were abysmal. Peppercorn sauce is described as spicy, but it tasted like gravy with a few peppercorns in it.
The other half had meatballs and spaghetti. These meatballs are the original size but really flavourless and again the tomato sauce was really watery with no meat in as described. This was returned and replaced by a pizza which was just average.
Didn’t stay for dessert although kids had one with their meals.
The place didn’t fill up either so not sure why the hostess said she doubted a table would be free.
Can’t say I’ll return in a hurry which is a shame as it can be quite family friendly. Either change the recipes back, or reduce the price to reflect the quality as it was on a par with BOGOF deals at the local pub, probably worse actually.
**The breakfast a few months back had raw poached eggs in the Benedicts only to be replaced with a solid yolk the second time. Both were returned and not replaced so one of us went hungry. **

1  Thank oncehadabrain
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Four of us went to Frankie and Benny's to celebrate a birthday, the staff spent most of their time chatting to each other round the bar area through out our visit, When our food arrived it was nothing special, not much flavour and the presentation was lacking. The cocktails were over filled with ice, even when just a little ice was requested. Over all it was a disappointing experience and we won't be going back any time soon.

1  Thank Born-2-Wonder-2018