“Worst Chinese take away for year!”
Review of China Town

China Town
Ranked #198 of 280 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I ordered Chicken satay and Duck in plum sauce, both of which were so gloopy they were barely edible! I ate the meat as I was so hungry, but the sauce i had to throw away!
My friend had a vegetable chow main, which was equally as bad. the mushroom rice was the only passable thing! Will not be using them again!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Had many takeaways from here using the just eat app.
Always on time, hot and tastes great. The chef special fried rice is amazing and the chicken chow Mein is one of the best I’ve had. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I have been using China town for years, we a had a take away a couple of months ago and found it very salty and not the same as on previous visits. We ordered again last night and it has got even worse. Extremely salty and dishes have changed how they were before. Batter thick and sauces not the same. I'm gutted.
Writing review at night as feeling quite ill. I think we will look for a new Chinese takeaway. Such a shame.

1  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We have used this Chinese takeaway for many years. Must be under new management or chef . When we picked up our food and returned home part of the order was missing. Also I ordered Chicken & Pineapple---which turned out swimming in strong sweet and sour sauce. We phoned to complain-- they were quite indifferent. Will not be going there again!!!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We have used this takeaway for quite a while and so have a number of our friends. However, we ordered a takeaway on Sunday and it was terrible. The sauce on my chicken dish was so vividly red that it felt like I was eating some sort of kids party food and it didn't taste of anything in particular. My husband and son had chicken satay as the favourite galangal isn't on the menu anymore and they took one mouthful each and refused to eat it. The chicken was 'soggy' and didn't taste like it was cooked and instead of the expected spice it apparently tasted like a whole bag of sugar had been emptied into it as it was so sweet. Even the sweet and sour chicken balls didn't meet usual excellent standard as greasy and sauce awful. I think we will be finding another Chinese in future !!

3  Thank NJ200