“Sloppy Service, poor food ”
Review of The Dam Inn

The Dam Inn
Ranked #163 of 447 Restaurants in Wakefield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Aside from the fresh new decor, todays family visit was highly disappointing.

Food was very slow in being served and when it arrived it was evident it had been sat under the heat lamp in the kitchen for some time - given away by the bullet-dry peas and hot, limp lettuce. On complaining about the hot lettuce, it was scooped from my plate by the waitress, into a napkin and an equally unappetising, brown-at-the-edges pile of lettuce was presented.

Although the restaurant was not busy, we had to request the pre-ordered deserts be brought out, at which point they were served amidst the empty meal plates, which were then left on the table!

Come on The Dam Inn! ... you’re in a fabulous location, have had a slick new face lift but your food/restaurant service is woeful.

1  Thank BreezyPArker

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Perfect place if you want to drink or eat and going after to a walk around the lake which is at 10 m distance from the bar.

1  Thank Seulean C
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been staying at the Best Western Hotel on business which is located just up the hill from this pub, and had visited on a few occasions but finally managed to write a review of the place. What a gem of a pub this is, very good selection of food available along with a good selection of beers on tap. Staff are very attentive and take the time to chat and make sure that you’re looked after. I would definitely recommend anyone in the area to give this pub a try, you won’t be disappointed. Also had a refurb not so long ago which has moved the pub up another notch.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Having known this “pub” for many, many years I was so surprised when I walked in - the refurbishment is lovely! I enjoyed my meal and the staff were very pleasant. I will certainly go again with my family.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Visited at 5pm on Mother’s Day the pub was very busy but staff coped really well. We had Carvery and the food was lovely and fresh with a good choice of meats and veg. A couple of our party had the mini dessert of sticky toffee pudding, what a brilliant idea. There was just enough especially after a large meal. I think other restaurant’s should use this idea! A great way to have a little something sweet without having a massive portion. Will definitely be back and would recommend this pub to anyone. Thanks for a great meal!

Paul H, General Manager at The Dam Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Wow what a day mothers day was we had over 1000 visitors to the newly refurbished Dam inn for food and drink
We are so pleased we nailed your visit as we think here at the pub its one of the most impotent days of the year
Im glad you loved the mini puds they are a new addition to the menu and will still be on going into our next menu launch .
Hopefully we will see you all again soon