“Best farm shop ever visited!”
Review of Blacker Hall Farm

Blacker Hall Farm
Ranked #67 of 445 Restaurants in Wakefield
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Good Quality food specialising in steak but with vegetarian options available.Lovely rustic setting in converted barn good choice of wine but limited choice of beers.Only open friday and Saturday night and very busy so would advise to book.Service left a little to be desired but that was probably down to how busy it was.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've bought items from this farm shop many times and never been disappointed! I absolutely love their quiche

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went there for a breakfast as a precursor to visiting Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Missed the 11.30 cut off so I had a smoked pulled pork sandwich & my partner had a black pudding sandwich. There was nothing wrong with my sandwich but neither was it particularly good. The smoking dominated the taste & when I asked for Balsamic vinegar I was given a sweet brown sauce that was rather sickly. I'm told by my partner though, that her black pudding sandwich was fine.

The tea was fine & the staff were attentive to our need for lashings of extra hot water.

Service, cleanliness & decor was fine.

One final thing. I wouldn't have had the cooked breakfast even had it been available. £9.95 I seem to recall. It's a cooked breakfast in Wakefield, not Eggs Benedict at the Ritz. I imagine Eggs Benedict at The Ritz is quite expensive. So what I'm trying to say Blacker Hall is that your cooked breakfast is too pricey.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went for a high tea ,we were quickly given a table, our order was taken fairly quickly . It arrived in good time. The table was a little small for all the cutlery on it . The sausage roll pork pie and chutney were very nice, but we were never given any butter ! Service on re fills for our tea was a little slow , but the food was lovely. The chocolate mouse is very rich , we would go again for a afternoon tea.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We popped in to buy a few bits in the new butchery, but as it has recently opened and it being Good Friday it was very busy. We decided to have some lunch in the barn cafe and wait for the rush to pass. A very polite young man took our name and how many the table was for, and after a short wait we were seated up on the balcony. Our waitress was fantastic, she explained a broken coffee machine was causing a delay in drinks, and advised food would be approx 15 mins and drinks shortly after. We ordered the posh fish finger sandwiches, which were absolutely delicious as always, and arrived before the 15 minutes. Our coffees were a little later, brought by another lovely and extremely polite young man. After ordering a clotted cream scone to share (couldn’t resist!!) we paid the bill at our table, which is a great system and seems to have streamlined the ordering process. Left a well deserved tip, and look forward to returning soon. The young workforce are non stop, and really deserve a pat on the back for their great service and hard work!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Incredibly they can deliver a really good food very tasty and fresh, but the easiest thing like bring 4 glasses of water or 3 bottled drinks take them half a day!!!
Can't understand how a place with such a good quality offers such a bad service!

Food is very good