“A QUICK MEAL”

Add it.
The Pilot
Ranked #3 of 23 Nightlife in Poole
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Circumstances led to my wife and I needing a fast meal. Having tried our local only to find the restaurant we hit on this establishment. Parking was easy, there is a ramp for the disabled at the entrance and externally it looked fine. The pub clearly caters for the local market and the bar area is a little off-putting but once past this the restaurant
opens out and is quite pleasant as were all the employees. A quick order of the chicken curry and one carvery and we were away. The meals were soon served and quite edible. On an equally positive note, the tables were nice and clean too. Good range of ales as well, including my favourite Ringwood's. All in all we would go back to enjoy what was a fairly standard experience at a good value price.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Having previously enjoyed some very good meals at this pub the last two visits have been less good.

Both occasions were for Sunday lunch and the roast potatoes were undercooked and hard. It seemed to me that the potatoes had not been parboiled but just peeled and put in the oven which was a pity as the rest of the meal was great, generous portion of meat, loads of veg to choose from and good accompaniments as well as reasonably priced.

Pity about the potatoes as they can make or break a good roast.

I hope that they change the way they cook the potatoes as it puts me off and it wouldn't take a lot of effort to cook them properly and make a good meal a great meal.

1  Thank AngieP49
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Visited for lunch last Friday, very friendly staff, food was cooked fresh and with generous portions. I had the home made pizza which came with a freshly made base and choice of 2 toppings. For the price I can't recommend this place enough, you can tell the staff work hard at making this place a success.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Visited recently for lunch, the pub is primarily a local pub which serves food on five days of the week. Both the spitfire burger and allday breakfast were well cooked, reasonably priced and very plentiful. The soft drinks erre also readonably priced

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Visited this pub again for carvery and have to say that I think it is even better than my last visit.

Two drinks and two plates of carvery came to £19.95 and for the amount of food we got it was very good value and we couldn't eat it all.

There was a choice of beef, pork or turkey and then we helped ourselves from the extensive choice of vegetables; carrots, leaks, parsnips, roast potatoes, new potatoes, carrot and swede mash, red cabbage. Gravy and all the condiments were also available.

They also offer a mid week carvery for £5.95 and I will definitely be giving this a try based on today's visit.