Lowest prices for your stay
US$168
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$166
Destinia.com
US$126
Hotels.comUS$166
PricelineUS$168
HurbUS$196
1,667 results
All reviews overlooking the harbour excellent location first floor per day brownsea island bars and restaurants car parking bit dated afternoon tea stayed for one night a sea view room town centre plenty of parking short break full english quay ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The room was clean, beds and pillows comfortable the location is good, it has a large car park £6 per day (good value), the breakfast had lots of choice and the staff were all friendly and helpful.

You have to choose your breakfast slot we couldn’t get ours until 10.00 as earlier slots booked apart from 8.00 which was a bit too early so if you want a specific time perhaps ring and book before you arrive.

The hotel is more like a budget hotel charging luxury prices the building itself is ugly and run down with no atmosphere and is in desperate need of a makeover or even better pulled down and rebuild.

We were on the first floor over looking the quay the windows have no nets so if you get changed you need to close the blackout curtains and put the lights on which is annoying.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Oksana Skinner, Other at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear loobyBucks
visit. I’m very pleased to note that you enjoyed parts of your stay and in particular found our
location ideal for your needs and our staff friendly and helpful. I am sorry to hear your thoughts on the condition of the hotel but i have passed this on to the maintenance team to have a look in to . i have also shared this feedback with the entire team to ensure that they remain motivated to provide this high level of
service. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Warm Regards
Stuart Trow

Reviewed 13 August 2021

Arrived on a very dark and rainy day to a smiley face waiting in reception , the blond girl was happy ,smiley and friendly , infact I found during my stay all the staff there were something special , the outside of the hotel was beautiful butt the hotel does look tired and worn down , we tried the restaurant and wow the food was delicious , all in all we will be back,

Room tip: Best views first floor facing the boats
Date of stay: August 2021
Oksana Skinner, Other at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear tonyaN9372AY
visit. I’m very pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found our
service. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Warm Regards
Stuart

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Nothing wrong with the service at reception desk ( our only interface), but the hotel is tired and battered, and needs a deep clean. It occupies a commanding position on the quay and the room rate reflects this but the pokey room, small double bed, hard mattress, derisory drinks tray, chipped furnishings, hair in the bath tub etc made it feel poor value. Obviously this is an individual perception and may be we were just a bit unlucky on the day.

Date of stay: August 2021
Oksana Skinner, Other at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Good evening,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Thistle Poole following your recent visit.

I’m very pleased to note that you have found our staff friendly and helpful. I have shared this feedback with the entire team, which I am certain they will be happy to hear! Moreover, all your concerns have been shared with the relevant teams in order to make improvements.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

I stayed here for 2 nights. It is a great location on the harbour. Check in was quick and friendly. Our room was spotless and a great view. We decided that we would have a drink in the bar before going out. Jane was very friendly and made us laugh. Lots of places to eat and drink locally. Breakfast was great a large selection to choose from. Yes the hotel is tired and a bit dated but the location and staff make up for this. We needed some extra tea and coffee for the room and Josh quickly sorted this for us. Check out was easy and again the lady on the desk was very happy and polite. We will definitely be back for another weekend break soon.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Oksana Skinner, Other at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Good evening,

I’m very pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found our location ideal for your needs and our staff friendly and helpful. I have shared this feedback with the entire team, which I am certain they will be happy to hear!

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Excellent service on reception and in the restaurant.

Dinner in restaurant was very ordinary; breakfast was a very good selection for either English or continental, or both.

Hotel room was comfortable and very clean, good range of shampoos, etc are provided. Comfortable bed.

Public rooms, bar and restaurant all look very tired, they need a make over.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Good evening,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Thistle Poole following your recent visit.

I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your visit, found your room to be comfortable, and enjoyed our food and drink offering. I have shared this feedback with the entire team, and we will look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.