“Very very poor”

Chennai Dosa Ipswich
Ranked #321 of 466 Restaurants in Ipswich
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The waiter was polite and helpful. The food was utterly appalling. As I was the only customer in the restaurant at 7.30 pm I was amazed that they cooked the wrong order and not only that, the Dosa filling was stone cold. It then meant that I had to eat my rice on its own as it was going cold. The rice was fine in fact, but when the chicken massala dosa arrived 10 minutes later the chicken was overcooked, tough, and basically inedible. What a dissappointment, I actually felt embarrased for the waiter! It used to be a great place for Southern Indian food.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Really lovely Masala Dosa.
Fresh and delicious.
Great staff and good pricing. Can’t wait to visit again.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I was happy to see Chennai Dosa starting again in Ipswich and was hoping this would be at least as good as previous one . This was totally disappointing. The service is non existing.
They took order for takeaway dinner and got all of it wrong. One of curries was completely stale. Others were tasteless.
Another day when went with friends I ordered chilli paneer and gobi manchurian and veg pakoda for starters . They would simply say yes for anything you order and bring whatever they think is close to what you have said ! The manchurian was just fried cauliflower fritters ! They forgot the pakoras altogether . Same with main course experience .
Hope they improve.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Went here for a stag party and all I can say is avoid this place the food was disgusting the place was dirty and when I googled the hygiene rating they only had 1 star that says it all.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We went to chennai dosa on monday ..
We ordered for chicken tandoori , biryani , and drinks. After chicken tandoori , our biryani order arrived after a long wait with som gravy in small plate. We almost finished more thn half of the biryani n gravy thinking the gravy is the part of biryani.later the staff comes a say u had not ordered this gravy sorry by mistake we served you. While paying the bill we were charged extra around £6.50 for that gravy . We dint enjoy the curry as it had mutton which i dont eat at all..I feel this is unfair and highly unprofessional for them to charge us for their own mistake.
Never going back ..