“Why so early???”

Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Channel Bar & Restaurant is set in a classic Victorian room, at the West Rocks Hotel, Eastbourne, affording glorious views over the sea. The Wine bar and restaurant offers great fresh food and beverages, inspired menus prepared from fresh locally caught fish and the famous steak on the stone locally sourced food and with a selection of wines accompanied by a friendly service. Additionally the tea room offers daily baked cakes, high teas, coffee and beverages. Openings hours : Monday to Thursday 18.00 to 20.30 Friday to Saturday 18.00 to 21.00
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having had a look at the menu I decided it would be good to book a table as my wife and I were staying in Eastbourne for a couple of days. However firstly there were no tables available on the day we wanted but there were also no tables available on any day after 7:30 which I must admit I found rather strange. For that reason I cannot express my opinion on the food, service, value etc That is the only reason I gave one out of five.

Reviewed February 15, 2018

The food was fantastic and the staff were excellent.

Loved the steak on the lava stone. Very good steak as well as adding some fun to the meal.

All the staff were very lovely and helpful.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

I met friends for dinner as I was staying in the hotel above.
I had the best ribeye steak of my life! Serving it on a hot stone meant it was cooked just as I like it, the chips and sweet potato frites were perfect too.
One friend had salmon on the stone, which was perfect for him as he’s ever so fussy about getting it just cooked.
Great wine selection, knowledgeable staff.
I’ll be back.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

My wife and I visited the channel Restaurant & Wine Bar for our Anniversary first impressions felt the wine bar looked a little tired and there was no Greeting from the Bar staff but decided to go and be seated. Tried seating us near the Window which felt a little crowded so asked for another table. The Wine and Drinks were Reasonable and the Service was good.My Wife ordered The Sea bass and tasted lovely I ordered the steak I felt disappointed you can't beat a steak Char grilled this just seemed to boil the the steak on the stone and anything else was extra.The desserts were were letdown I ordered the Cheesecake tasted dry and half frozen very poor for £6.75.On leaving the Bar staff Didn't even say Goodnight !

1  Thank longrange69
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Based within the West Rocks hotel, this was a quiet bar room where you can sit and watch the world go by.

The service is covered by staff looking after the restaurant and reception of the hotel itself so you needed to go and get someone if you wanted to be served.

On the evening we came to the bar, there were no ciders so I settled for an expensive small bottle of coke for a cool £2.20 or so.

I've read the food is amazing but on this visit, it was drinks only.

1  Thank Chris_Jaggs