All reviews central location an italian restaurant pulpit rock romantic getaway nice hotel excellent location ferry port junior suite would stay here again your luggage reasonable size breakfast room main road the bus mini bar business trip bed was comfortable
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Booked this hotel at short notice for one night for a business trip in Stavanger.

Arrived at the hotel — which is right in the centre — the check-in was handled quickly and efficiently by reception; they were not overly friendly in their welcome, but they were not impolite, simply a little inexperienced (and young).

The lobby smelt musty and the adjoining rooms were a little scruffy, which I found a bit off-putting. It turned out that I need not have been apprehensive as the rest of the hotel was both clean and free of odour. A colleague complained that their room had been smoked in previously, but mine was fine.

My room (business room with fireplace) was very nice, with boutique-style decor and all the amenities I expect, except a safe…typically not an issue in Norway, mind you. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was really good, except a few details that were slightly damaged (lamp, shower head).

The wifi was fast and free.

The fireplace squeaked (I could maybe have turned this off, but it wasn't apparent how, nor did I feel like bothering reception with this — I needed to sleep, so I simply pulled the card from the card-holder switch by the door and turned everything off).

I slept well and the hotel itself was quiet, however, in the morning, there was a lot of traffic outside and had I wanted to sleep, I might have struggled. This is the price one pays for a very central location.

The breakfast was a bit dull; it wasn't awful, just typical for Norway and unsurprising. One thing annoyed me: putting the bacon on the egg (I eat one, but not the other); this is typical of many places and I wish they'd stop doing it. A special mention should go to the guy in the breakfast room, who made an effort.

These kinds of hotel aren't to my taste — I prefer modernist hotels with swimming pools, so I'm always going to be biased against them, which is unfair, but thus is life.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Comfortable and quiet hotel just in the city center. At night, on fridays and saturdays there is a bit of noise outside because of the windows that are not so hermetically closed. The beds are really comfortable and the breakfast is what you can expect for the price in Norway.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Just returned from 3 nights here - do not recommend staying here. Were in room 308 which had a tiny bathroom. Could not stand in front of the sink as the shower was in the way, and getting in and out of the shower was quite an experience as one of the shower doors opened into the sink, the other into the toilet! Would you believe there was no wardrobe in the room so could not unpack my suitcase? No mirror in the room either apart from the mirror in the bathroom. When we arrived the key cards to open the room did not work so had to go to reception to get them sorted. Only 1 bath towel, no bed cover to match the curtains as in the photos. One of the curtain hooks was missing so curtain did not hang properly. The windows did not seal shut so we could hear every noise from the street at night - birds, cars, & noisy people way into the small hours of the morning talking loudly. Now I come to the worst part of our stay - the uncomfortable bed. There was only a 6cm thick mattress cover on the bed base - no proper mattress!! This was extremely uncomfortable and I could not sleep and got up each morning with a very sore back. I don't know how this hotel is rated as 4*. The only good thing is the convenient location and next to a bus stop for the airport.

Room tip: Not on front of hotel next to busy street
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel is located in the very city centre, at 5 minutes walking from bus station. Rooms are big enough, well furnished, but the bathroom is very very small... The breakfast buffet is nothing special, with basically no sweets. The price is on average.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I stayed here one night on a business trip through Norway and the hotel is conveniently located downtown, close to restaurants and shopping. There's no on site parking, you have to park in a big parking garage by the water and it's 180 NOK pr day, kinda expensive.

The rooms were comfortable, but shows sign of wear and tear, especially in the windows and common areas. Nice breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Trip type: Traveled on business